Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
bha-png.186798
wol-png.186818

Albion v Wolves

EFL CUP (Carabao Cup) - THIRD ROUND

Venue:
The American Express Stadium
Date: Wednesday 18th September 2024
Kick-off: 19:45 BST
Referee: John Brooks
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Daniel Robathan
Fourth Official: John Busby

Brighton boss Fabian Hurzeler has been speaking to the media before Wednesday's Carabao Cup third-round tie at home against Wolves.
Here are the key lines from his news conference:
  • Joao Pedro's fitness will be assessed after training on Tuesday after he missed Saturday's draw with Ipswich: "We don't want to take risks."
  • Mats Wiefer "will be an option" and Brajan Gruda is "still in rehab training" but "making big improvements".
  • Hurzeler said there "won't be 11 changes" to his starting line-up like there was in the second round against Crawley and it will be a "mix" of rotation with players who featured on Saturday.
  • On striker Evan Ferguson, who has not started for Brighton since March: "He doesn't have to show me what he can do because I know what his potential is. He has the full package for a striker. It is important he integrates in our style of play and follows our principles."
  • He sees the Carabao Cup as a route to silverware: "Cups are competitions where you can win titles and I want to win titles, the club wants to win titles and the players want to win titles. It is a chance for us. I take this game very seriously."
  • On the challenge posed by Wolves: "They have great individual players. They have midfield players who can carry the ball. They have a good structure in possession and they have a good style of play. They will be a big challenge for us."
  • On opportunities for players who have not featured so far this season: "The players don't have to feel they have to impress me. It is important they prove to themselves they belong to the squad. I am completely convinced with all the players in my squad. I am completely trusting and believing in them."
Fabian Hürzeler's Wolves Press Conference

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Should be a cracker in the pubs of Aberystwyth tonight,most of the houses made from bricks and mortar were snapped up by mega rich yam yams and Zulus in the 80s leaving the locals with the prefabs and a distinct dislike of anything originating from the midlands,so the Mid Wales seagulls Massive will be out in force tonight 4 of us, Derek has a cold,to hopefully silence the most annoying accent in the universe.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I just hope the club realises that Rutter is cup-tied. In his place I'd like to see Georginio - this is a perfect fixture to get him integrated in the team, and for him to show us what he can do.
Whatever happened to Saltor? He was pushed out by Bruno and then never heard from again.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Two wins, and Albion will have gone further than in any of the last 45 YEARS in the League Cup. Obviously, they won't get the two wins tonight.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Very good to see FH's comments on this competition being important, I think RDZ felt the same. He was fuming after the Charlton defeat and went very strong v Chelsea when we were in Europe.
I fully expect a first team EPL squad only line up tonight.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
What sort of team will Wolves field? Only 1 point so far this season and a big local derby Vs Villa at the weekend; the League Cup surely can't be a priority for Gary O'Neil. So obviously I have now cursed Albion to lose on penalties :rolleyes:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What sort of team will Wolves field? Only 1 point so far this season and a big local derby Vs Villa at the weekend; the League Cup surely can't be a priority for Gary O'Neil. So obviously I have now cursed Albion to lose on penalties :rolleyes:
I read they only have one fit first team centre back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here