Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Watford *** Official Match Thread ***

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Only 36 games left to overhaul the Scousers. We can do this!

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Great result and performance, especially first half. Let things slip a bit as we tired in the second half but that may be fitness due to the short pre season. Would have probably drawn that game last season so that's a positive. Keeping Bissouma this summer will be huge and assuming he stays fit practically guarantees survival for me

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Webster just stole the show along with Biss and Lallana. So comfortable and that bad home form is a distant memory - brilliant lads. 6 points!

Thought the Duffy goal was key , knocked Watford and allowed us to be confident.

AC getting a slating in some parts but all he had time for was a snap shot. Did some clever running as well but not as good as Maupay when it comes tackling back and harrying.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Thought the Duffy goal was key , knocked Watford and allowed us to be confident.

AC getting a slating in some parts but all he had time for was a snap shot. Did some clever running as well but not as good as Maupay when it comes tackling back and harrying.

Trouble with AC is he has the same tenancy as Lua Lua did to try and leather EVERYTHING. With the keeper nowhere he just needed to show a modicum of composure and side foot it in not try to welly it into the top corner. Came to him quite sharp but he had time

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Great result and performance, especially first half. Let things slip a bit as we tired in the second half but that may be fitness due to the short pre season. Would have probably drawn that game last season so that's a positive. Keeping Bissouma this summer will be huge and assuming he stays fit practically guarantees survival for me
TBH we don't need to sell Biss what with the White money and I hope he stays and signs an extension to his contract, but will BHA stand in his way if a Liverpool or ManU or another big club come in for him with an offer of another £50m-ish. Biss must see what is happening to White at Arsenal with all that flak he is getting and maybe stay another season with us (or 2). Great performance 1st half and it seems that we are now taking our chances in front of goal compared to last season. Second in the table - oh my I'm going giddy looking down.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Excellent game, hope Maupay is ok though, thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere in the first half.
No hassle showing Covid pass, no extra time I thought getting in.

Connolly is a harrying, hassling bothersome player, with clever runs, but was either looking for a foul or snapping at chances.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
AC comes on when game is won, team sitting back and just waiting on everton. Yeah, lets crucify the young irishman because he didn't score from a half chance. NSC amazes me sometimes how little knowledge of football it has accumulated. Can't wait for the kids to go back to school...oh and we need to sign a striker who scores goals and let's spend an extortionate amount of money doing that and not develop our own players, no, let's spend uncle Tonys money.
If people don't like the way we're progressing, **** off and support your second team, like arsenal.

Jan 30, 2008
While watching the game in the pub I couldnt help but notice lots of empty seats is the clubs attempt to attract punters falling on deaf ears ?
Regards
DF

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Some superb positives so far, beating teams we should beat (finally) and looking far more robust and up for the challenge.

I think Watford may have a very traumatic season unless their defence improves, lost count of how many times they passed the ball straight to us.

No ID check, no way steward could have read my Covid passport and android phone took 7 attempts to work.......

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
AC comes on when game is won, team sitting back and just waiting on everton. Yeah, lets crucify the young irishman because he didn't score from a half chance. NSC amazes me sometimes how little knowledge of football it has accumulated. Can't wait for the kids to go back to school...oh and we need to sign a striker who scores goals and let's spend an extortionate amount of money doing that and not develop our own players, no, let's spend uncle Tonys money.
If people don't like the way we're progressing, **** off and support your second team, like arsenal.

A half chance? Don’t be ridiculous, that was an absolute sitter than any striker should be scoring. I don’t think there are any fans who don’t think we are progressing but as it stands we may go into a game against Everton with Connolly as our only fit senior striker. That’s a ridiculous position for a club with top 10 ambitions to be in.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
While watching the game in the pub I couldnt help but notice lots of empty seats is the clubs attempt to attract punters falling on deaf ears ?
Regards
DF

Always loads of no shows in August, you should have used your observation skills earlier in the day when watching Liverpool

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Never in doubt. We controlled the game from the off. Comprehensive victory. One of our best in the Prem.

So pleased for the goalscorers, especially big Shane. Maybe people will get off Neals back now, unless he's crocked, no potential new signing will take his place in the starting 11at the moment.

Great day all round!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Some superb positives so far, beating teams we should beat (finally) and looking far more robust and up for the challenge.

I think Watford may have a very traumatic season unless their defence improves, lost count of how many times they passed the ball straight to us.

No ID check, no way steward could have read my Covid passport and android phone took 7 attempts to work.......
They stopped the Covid and ID check to speed things up. I head them chatting and said "stop the checks, and get them in", I was 2nd in-line so I heard it clear.

One of the staff, also forgot to take the bottles tops of my drinks at half time. I stood there, after I paid, waiting for them to be removed, but nothing happened for 10 secs, so I picked them up and took them, trying to hide the tops with my wallet, to the back of the North Stand.

I also called Duffy's goal. The universe is really looking after me today.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
A half chance? Don’t be ridiculous, that was an absolute sitter than any striker should be scoring. I don’t think there are any fans who don’t think we are progressing but as it stands we may go into a game against Everton with Connolly as our only fit senior striker. That’s a ridiculous position for a club with top 10 ambitions to be in.

I'm not a great fan of Connolly, but there is no way that could be called a "sitter".

However, these can...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qtDamyTlVzA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here