Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Watford ***** Official Match Thread *****

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Sounds dire :(

No powerful CM or decent strikers, story of the last 5 games! Also, our collapsed has coincided with not having Mattock / Reyes.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Have we come back to win from behind this season ? Even a draw will end the season. Main target for the next 2 game is to just finish as high as possible.

No but we did against Leicester at Withdean who were 2 nil up at half time and at full time had lost 3-2

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Call me negative or whatever but now I'm convinced Gus hasn't got a clue. Unless this Is his plan all along. -_- Either way I'm going to shut my mouth before It get's me Into trouble :/

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
... very first game?

I always hate fans who boo. Hope it doesn't become a habit.

That was only a one goal advantage though. We need 8 minutes stoppage time at the end for Buckley to do his magic.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
We also came back from 2-0 down against Leeds, to be 3-2 up with only a few minutes to go...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
we have had a run when everything that can go wrong has gone wrong and the confidence has drained out of the side - they don't seem to believe that they can score and they seem unable to defend to the extent that we are conceding comedy goals where earlier in the season we had a reasonably resolute defensive unit. Ultimately the responsibility lies with Gus and it is hard not to question again his tinkering with the side when retaining a consistent platform might have been better. Naylor in his Q&A online today said that he thought Gus had realised that but it seems not.

So on to the second half................. who to bring on to try to break this goalscoring hoodoo? Noone hasn't the best track record as a finisher and Assulin remains a bit of an unknown. Barnes sounds like he is having a shocker in every respect and ought to come off but with no out and out striker on the bench that seems unlikely. Vicente surely has to come on but for who? Dicker?

Like the fans it must be easy given our current run for the players to let their heads drop. As long as we go for it I will be happy (happier) - just hope we don't let the game drift without making the effort.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
we have done it before this season and we can do it tonight. It's just a case of whether we have the self belief and Gus can raise them

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
we have had a run when everything that can go wrong has gone wrong and the confidence has drained out of the side - they don't seem to believe that they can score and they seem unable to defend to the extent that we are conceding comedy goals where earlier in the season we had a reasonably resolute defensive unit. Ultimately the responsibility lies with Gus and it is hard not to question again his tinkering with the side when retaining a consistent platform might have been better. Naylor in his Q&A online today said that he thought Gus had realised that but it seems not.

So on to the second half................. who to bring on to try to break this goalscoring hoodoo? Noone hasn't the best track record as a finisher and Assulin remains a bit of an unknown. Barnes sounds like he is having a shocker in every respect and ought to come off but with no out and out striker on the bench that seems unlikely. Vicente surely has to come on but for who? Dicker?

Like the fans it must be easy given our current run for the players to let their heads drop. As long as we go for it I will be happy (happier) - just hope we don't let the game drift without making the effort.

Put Vicente on for Barnes, if he is having a shocker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here