Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
bha-png.186798
tot-png.186816

Albion v Tottenham

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue:
The American Express Stadium
Date: Sunday 6th October 2024
Kick-off: 16:30 BST
Referee: David Coote
Assistants: Timothy Wood, Craig Taylor
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
VAR: Paul Tierney
Additional VAR: Adam Nunn

TEAM NEWS

Brighton could welcome back Brajan Gruda, Solly March and James Milner, who have all trained this week.

Joel Veltman has recovered from illness but Simon Adingra is a doubt, while Jan Paul van Hecke and Joao Pedro remain out.

Tottenham will check on the fitness of Destiny Udogie, who missed their midweek Europa League victory against Ferencvaros with a thigh injury.

Son Heung-min is unlikely to feature as he continues to recover from a hamstring issue.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Brighton and Tottenham have faced each other 14 times in the Premier League. Spurs have nine wins to Brighton's four, with just one draw.
  • The Seagulls won this fixture 4-2 last season, ending a run of two straight defeats at home to Tottenham without scoring.
Albion
  • Having won each of their first two Premier League games this season, Brighton are now without a victory in four (D3, L1).
  • Fabian Hurzeler's side could draw three consecutive home league matches for the first time since November 2023.
  • They have won just one of their last 16 league outings played in October (D9, L6).
  • They average 61.5% possession in the league this season - higher than their final figure in any of their previous six Premier League campaigns.
  • Lewis Dunk’s 510 completed passes is the second most in the division, behind Southampton’s Jan Bednarek (520).
  • Danny Welbeck has two goals in his 20 previous Premier League appearances against Spurs, last finding the net against them on New Years' Day in 2014.
Tottenham
  • Tottenham are vying to win three consecutive Premier League games for the first time since last December.
  • They could also score three or more goals in three successive league victories, a feat they last achieved in April 2022.
  • Brennan Johnson has scored five goals in his last five games for Tottenham in all competitions, as many as in his first 38 appearances.
  • Dejan Kulusevski created nine chance against Manchester United last weekend, the joint-highest figure by a Spurs player in the Premier League since such records began in 2003-04.
  • Dominic Solanke’s 21 goals in the Premier League since the start of last season is more than any other Englishman barring Cole Palmer (28) and Ollie Watkins (23).
  • Solanke is aiming to score in three consecutive league appearances for the first time since December.

Fabian Hürzeler's Tottenham Press Conference

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I can go to bed now

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Let’s hope Fab picks the right team this week and stops trying to shoe Hinshelwood in the starting 11 for the sake of it.
Enciso had to start against Chelsea, Igor has to play in front of Webster.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Think we’ll stick with the press and high line so we’ve got to execute better or this will be a cricket score.

Yes, they’ll play a high line too but they’ve got Van der Ven who could lap Dunk in a 100 meters,

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Feeling pretty positive this morning, nope that’s a lie….

I woke up this morning and thought I’d been transported up north, Its dreary and cold….

I don’t like it, is it too early for gloves and a snood ?

Last edited:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Should be a wild one... so it'll probably end 0-0 (wouldn't put my hypothetical money on it though).

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Excited and worried. No idea what to expect, a thumping win or a thumping defeat, neither would surprise me. A low scoring draw would though.

Just hope it’s not another kamikaze performance at the back

A consistent and fair referee would be appreciated.

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Excited and worried. No idea what to expect, a thumping win or a thumping defeat, neither would surprise me. A low scoring draw would though.

Just hope it’s not another kamikaze performance at the back

A consistent and fair referee would be appreciated.
David Coote…:cautious:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Missing this due to having COVID and tonsillitis. Gutted I won't be there to say goodbye to größ, I hope the team gives him a decent result as a nice send-off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here