Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Swansea City *** Official Match Thread ***

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I don't think they do, I have heard a lot of fans just hate on him. There are some that I know would much prefer if anyone else had scored those goals

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Yep, too many like that. But surely most of us just hope he fulfills the enormous promise he showed in PL2, and when he stepped up to the first team?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Swansea are a post Potter parody. Lovely football but couldn’t finish a crisp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think the point is that people give Connolly shit for seeming to have a poor attitude…like the poor attitude he’s literally just shown. Get your ****ing head down, keep working hard and keep scoring. That’s how you get the crowd onside.

Maupay’s attitude has always seemed better, and he’s actually backed it up with quite a few goals, hence he gets a lot more support from our fans. It’s not rocket science.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Very Potteresque substitution - take off the fastest RB in the PL, and replace him with the slowest. That should confuse 'em! Must be working, because they keep hitting the bar instead of scoring.

Pure tactical genius!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
A bit of self-awareness from AC would go down a storm with the fans. Cupping the ear is just bad PR. The lad needs advice and he needs to listen to it because he is a very natural goal scorer with years to hone his craft and become a Prem quality player.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Very Potteresque substitution - take off the fastest RB in the PL, and replace him with the slowest. That should confuse 'em! Must be working, because they keep hitting the bar instead of scoring.

Pure tactical genius!

You would prefer keep him on and risk injuring him again?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I think the point is that people give Connolly shit for seeming to have a poor attitude…like the poor attitude he’s literally just shown. Get your ****ing head down, keep working hard and keep scoring. That’s how you get the crowd onside.

Maupay’s attitude has always seemed better, and he’s actually backed it up with quite a few goals, hence he gets a lot more support from our fans. It’s not rocket science.

So did he cup his ear to the Brighton fans or Swansea fans?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
A bit of self-awareness from AC would go down a storm with the fans. Cupping the ear is just bad PR. The lad needs advice and he needs to listen to it because he is a very natural goal scorer with years to hone his craft and become a Prem quality player.
Given his form in the last couple of years, two goals in this competition does not justify the cupped ear!
And he gets a lot of love from the Amex crowd anyway.
Sorry, but he really is a tool of the highest order.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here