Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Well only just after mid-day here and it's the granddaughter's birthday that we are celebrating at a country club.
I might have a couple of drinks and give it large to the Flamengo and Palmeiras supporters present who told me they couldn't support a small club like Brighton 🤣
Seriously, we would wipe the floor with those teams!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The players deserve their time in the sun and our applause, and I'm happy to give it, but I cannot stand the f***ing racket and volume of utterly SHITE music. If I wanted that I'd go to the Brighton centre!
Precisely! - but thanks for the heads-up about the Brighton Centre; I'll know to steer well clear!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey I eventually rolled out of the East Stand straight into Lil Japan, gawd bless'em.

With the amount of cash they'd spent in the shop, I think we can pooh-pooh every transfer rumour unless the player is from SE Asia.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

'One of the best days in my career'​

FT: Brighton 3-1 Southampton

Speaking to BBC Sport, Brighton manager Roberto De Zerbi said

"It's incredible, one of the best days in my career. I can change my ideas and philosophy depending on the result but I think we deserve to qualify in Europe. We need one more point to qualify for the Europa League and we have to do it, but I have a lot of emotion. I am really proud to be coach of these players and the club. We won together, and I am really proud."

"I can’t explain my emotion, my players are fantastic players, but also fantastic people. They believed from the first moment that they deserved to qualify, we had a tough period, we lost a lot of players to in jury but when you have something inside you push to the end to your target."

"I did not have time to think about a target, I only focused on my improvement and my work. After the game with Palace away, I understood this could be the right season and the right year to achieve one incredible, historic target. We did not win and the players were sad, but that was when I understood their level because only with the level of these players can you achieve this historic target."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here