Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Give the a cheer for me please

I had a wisdom tooth out Friday and have only just got out of bed today…looks like I have been 10 rounds with Tyson!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton have one win from nine Premier League meetings with Southampton (D5, L3).
    [*=left]The Saints have won their last three league visits to Brighton and are aiming to set a new top-flight club record of four consecutive away wins against a single opponent.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have won just once in their past 13 home Premier League games (D6, L6).
    [*=left]The Seagulls are goalless in five top-flight matches at the Amex Stadium, scoring just 10 times at home this season, the fewest of any side.
    [*=left]Graham Potter's side are unbeaten in the league this season on a Sunday (W3, D1).
    [*=left]Albion have one win from the last 19 league games (D11, L7) in which Yves Bissouma did not feature.
Southampton

• [*=left]Southampton have failed to keep a clean sheet in their previous 11 Premier League away games, conceding 24 goals.
    [*=left]Ralph Hasenhuttl's side have won three of their 16 top-flight away matches this season.
    [*=left]Saints have won four of their last five Premier League away games on a Sunday, losing the other.
    [*=left]Southampton have shipped a league-high 13 headed goals in the current campaign.

That all says to me we're cruising to another 0-n loss.

This season we are unbeaten when playing on a Sunday.played 4 won 3 drawn 1.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I like this stat much better. 0-0 it is then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm going with hope and expectation, a bit higher but not too high.
Also looking forward to the ride there and getting out quickly, train free!

Mod scooter boy? You can probably forget your Parka today FB453EC8-EF5F-4B12-AD16-432C8FCF652C.jpeg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just got in far earlier than expected having driven down from Glasgow this morning :)

Unfortunately I transferred my ticket yesterday morning having convinced myself I wouldn't get down in time :(

Best home performance of the season coming up then :rolleyes:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I hate the way the phrase 'six-pointer' gets overused. So, I'm not going to claim today's game is a six-pointer, but a fair bit will hang on it for where we finish this season. If we win, it will take us 4 points above Southampton, with a much better goal difference. That'll be tricky to overturn with four games to go. It'll also take us six clear of both Villa and Palace and, despite both having six games to go, that will be a tall order to overtake us (Villa still have City and Liverpool to play, Palace have a much easier run-in though).
If we don't win, we open the door to at least Southampton, Palace and Brentford (also an easy run-in) to finish above us, and potentially Villa too. We're likely to finish somewhere between 11th and 15th, with the difference being c£10m. So if not a six-pointer, perhaps a £6mer.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
First home game I’ve missed all year through work.

3-0 Brighton.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Soon lineup time! Woop!

My prediction:

Sanchez

Veltman, Dunk, Webster

Gross, Mwepu, Macallister, Caicedo, Cucurella

Trossard, Welbeck

If Trossard cant start I think we'll get some Maupay.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just got in far earlier than expected having driven down from Glasgow this morning :)

Unfortunately I transferred my ticket yesterday morning having convinced myself I wouldn't get down in time :(

Best home performance of the season coming up then :rolleyes:

First home game I’ve missed all year through work.

3-0 Brighton.

Was unsure about this one because of a knee problem and the lots of stairs up to the WSU.

Knee is far better today. Shame I tested positive for Covid this morning :(

4-0 us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here