Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not at all. Fans back the team, the manager struggles at the Amex, that is just a fact I’m afraid!

The manager or the team?

But yeah was real noisy today on my stream, could hear you guys sing that "when the Saints go marching in" over and over again.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Fair result, sadly. We had a real chance at 2-0 to put the game to bed but poor defending gifted them a way back into the game. At least we scored and didn't lose. Not much fun, though. Saints our bogey team.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's one thing fans on here moaning about the ref - it's par for the course - but when an ex-pro like Warren lays into a ref to that extent, he really must have been a disgrace.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It's one thing fans on here moaning about the ref - it's par for the course - but when an ex-pro like Warren lays into a ref to that extent, he really must have been a disgrace.

He was poor. But he didn't cost us the game - we did that to ourselves.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
The manager or the team?

But yeah was real noisy today on my stream, could hear you guys sing that "when the Saints go marching in" over and over again.

There is obviously some issue with playing at home and to be fair GP has not had the crowd on his back! No issues with our away form / performances but you have to agree GP needs to work out how to get the wins at the Amex!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
4 games left to get our highest points total, so still somes positives.

The second half negatives outweigh any positives today. We allowed an ordinary side to dominate in the final 45 minutes, unforced errors being the talking point. I'll get over it tomorrow and realise we've had a good season, but for now, allow me a good old fashioned whinge up about missed opportunities.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Even Graham made an ironic applause when the ref gave the wrong team the throw-in for like the 12th time in a row.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The proverbial game of 2 halves.

Possession 49% v 51%
Shots on target 5 each
Corners 6 each

So the stats would indicate a fair result overall, but we still can't win at the Amex.

At least it was 2-2 and not 0-0 for those attending.

And a decent game of football in the sun.

Things could be worse.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Draw was just about the right result. First half was a 10-8 in our favour, second half a 10-8 in theirs.

Onwards and upwards.

And the ref today (and his linesmen) were absolutely dire. I don't think I've ever seen Potter angry like that at the officials, which says a lot.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There is obviously some issue with playing at home and to be fair GP has not had the crowd on his back! No issues with our away form / performances but you have to agree GP needs to work out how to get the wins at the Amex!

I mean its a team sport, they win and lose together. The wins against Spurs and Arsenal were team efforts, the draws and losses at home are team efforts. Its not as simple as "the manager decides if you win or lose".

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Many years ago a team, whose identity I can't remember, had a similar disparity between their home and away form. Their home results improved after the team were taken to a hotel the night before as if it was an away match. Could it work again?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Some very strange decisions have to say - stopped play for offside when we were breaking, a good number of fouls given against Brighton that weren't or were weak when similar Southampton ones were play just allowed to play on.

I don't think Southampton were a bad side , their passing was pretty good and they looked faster and fitter, by no means a rubbish team.

Some bad defending mainly because the midfield was weak.

I like March but his inability to take responsibility for passing and shooting is beyond me. Cucurella put in a fantastic ball and really don't know how he failed to connect.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He was poor. But he didn't cost us the game - we did that to ourselves.

Whether or not he cost us the game - and that's something we'll never know, because any decision to give or not to give a free kick can change a game - that doesn't preclude him being a disgrace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here