Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It was a poor performance but the players worked really hard... just to get ****ed over by a horrible VAR decision. ****ing annoying bollocks.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
People will use VAR as an excuse. But we were awful in the second half. Never looked like scoring, lacked movement, urgency and any sort of cutting edge. Same story so often, look a million dollars, then concede a soft goal and it's like a clown car.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Aside from my normal bets I also I spent £1 on this one:

* Brighton 2+ goals
* Bertrand yellow
* Lamptey & Gross goal scorers
* 10+ corners

Would earn me ca £400... please happen.

Damn you man, you owe me £1.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Very poor second half (again at home). Poor decision for the penalty but brainless defending from March who was very poor all game. Lamptey poor, Connolly poor, Gross poor. Webster poor. White is not a midfielder. Ryan beaten by the only two shots that didn’t go straight at him again. Bissouma MOTM by a country mile again.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We need to have a serious look at what's going on at home. Some serious questions have to be asked of Potter after this shit show & Burnley & West Brom. These results are a disgrace. Why doesn't he motivate the players to get anything at home? Our form is only going to get worse now that fans are allowed in.

Dreadful to watch, how many fouls does March want to give away this season? Fuming!

And what does he say at half time?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
This is one of the big issues for me.
White is very talented so can blag it at CM but if you compare him to Biss, Alzate or even Gross you see his limitations. He needs to play, so he should be playing at CB. IMHO he should be playing instead of Webster. I don't dislike Webster, on his day he is great, but he makes a HUGE amount of silly mistakes.
White, Veltman and Dunk should be at the back.
Gross, Alzate or Molumby should play alongside Biss. Nobody, surely, can argue with that.

That, plus our set pieces, plus game management, are the pressing issues at the moment. Potter, i truly believe, is making things harder for himself than they should be. Which is such a shame because we play lovely football at times, and he is clearly a great coach.

We are also much worse against weaker teams, which is the sign of a team in trouble.

Beilsa has stated that DM is his best position and he was increasingly playing him in that position so no it is not that simple

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
White is a quality player so he will always do a job there but we can’t play him there anymore. He’s a defender, that’s it.

Totally ruins the balance of our side and means Gross pushes further forward where he is really ineffectual and slows our play down. Particularly annoying when Gross has been so good starting deeper.

Spot on. Have we win a game with White in that position?

Would have a back 3 of Dunk, White, Veltman every game.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Poor performance in the second half, never tested Mccarthy. Very disappointing night. We will bounce back, need Maupay and Welbeck to find their cutting edge and Trossard back to his best.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Not his best game, he was very quiet tonight. However, he has been great up until now and shouldn't be written off after one below par performance.

Yes, total nonsense. Lamptey has been one of the best players in the whole league this year, and even on an off day he did more than most tonight.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Shocking 2nd half.

Slow on the ball
Caught in possession
Webster scares me every time he gets the ball ( Ryan as well )
Connolly total ineffective
Never looked like scoring

Relegation fight i'm afraid

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Forget VAR. That will go for and against you, it’s gone our way a fair bit recently. Let’s be fair.

We did not play well in that second half. Very disappointing in the final 3rd. Probably our most ineffective game in a while. Shame as we’re capable of so much more.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Potter got it wrong tonight, only 3 out and out attacking players in the starting 11 is inevitably going to lead to a performance like that. Shame as Saints were there for the taking. Penalty was just about right, and we can hardly complain about VAR so enough of that covering up a poor performance.

Still back Potter though - he is allowed to get it wrong with a young team and new style. Favourable away fixtures coming up so let’s go again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here