Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
All these people saying Ryan should save that are being absolutely ridiculous. No keeper is shopping that. The blame is squarely on whoever let him get a free header when he’s there biggest threat.

Well he could save a couple.

I mean, it’s not unreasonable... he’s our first choice keeper. They are meant to make saves sometimes you know.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Poor marking from the corner and Ryan probably should've got to that, other than that it's been a decent half. Bissouma is unplayable at times, so commanding. Größ is playing well, Welbeck looks decent again, pretty solid at the back apart from the goal. Lamptey needs to get involved more and Connolly I feel just needs a goal to settle himself, he gets in good positions, just needs to use it better.
Fancy us to win this, saints look good at times but they're easily beatable.

Jul 20, 2003
There was some pretty detailed analysis on here a week or two back that should that corners lumped onto a big lad attacking the the penalty spot simply don't get goals.

...so that one doesn't count

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We can definitely play better than that. We miss Lallana massively. His guile in the opposition half is vital.
We really don't like playing at home.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
So people are saying that Ryan should be saving an unstoppable header from 10 yards. OK then.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
if you were a referee and you thought it wasnt deliberate under the old rules it isnt a penalty because it had to be deliberate.

His hand is in an unnatural position and moves, unintentionally, towards the ball. That's always been a penalty. Well when I say always, from when I can remember which is about 50 years.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
thought connolly was doing ok and linking up (or trying to) with Wellbeck his 'cross' wins the penalty. Gross had three shots, the penalty, the one he skied and the early one where he didn't shoot when he had the opportunity and then cross was cut out. Maupay got slaughtered on this forum for that sort of play.

At the moment we have looked pretty decent.

As regard Dunk's header yes he should have done better but surely he was fouled as he ran through???

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
There was some pretty detailed analysis on here a week or two back that should that corners lumped onto a big lad attacking the the penalty spot simply don't get goals.

...so that one doesn't count

That old chestnut, you can't score from set pieces :)
Well how many do we concede?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here