Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield United *** Official Match Thread ***

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Potter quickly needs to find a system that works at home, because we’re really struggling to break down teams who lie deep. I think we’re probably a better away team as we don’t have to take the initiative, just counter. Playing against 10 really shows up our weakness when it’s up to us to make the running.

We need a major rethink, what we’re doing at the moment isn’t working.

If you want to get through teams that defend deep you need players running at the back line to draw out defenders or draw fouls in dangerous places. I think I saw Trossard do this once in the final minutes and it looked the most effective attacking we did all game.

Instead we ponderously played it across their back line and hit crosses into a crowded box

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If you want to get through teams that defend deep you need players running at the back line to draw out defenders or draw fouls in dangerous places. I think I saw Trossard do this once in the final minutes and it looked the most effective attacking we did all game.

Instead we ponderously played it across their back line and hit crosses into a crowded box
I agree with this. I so want Solly to take on his defender, I don’t care if he loses it but give it a go. This back and forth across the 18 yard line just gives the defence time to organise.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
We've brought in some decent players since those 2 - Bissouma, Trossard, Lamptey, Lallana, Veltmann etc. The manager can't say he hasn't been given the tools to work with.

you could give him a chisel right now and he would cut his own hand and try to make a dovetail joint using the handle.

i genuinely think he’s made so many tinkers that he has lost himself in a maze and can’t find his way back out

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I agree with this. I so want Solly to take on his defender, I don’t care if he loses it but give it a go. This back and forth across the 18 yard line just gives the defence time to organise.

I thought Solly had a 'mix it up' game today. He was more varied and less predictable.

We are so easy to play against because we have such a narrow tactic range. I hate that any team needing a morale boosting turnaround game will be seeing how soon they play us. We have more than capable players.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If Trossard is playing behind a front 2. I would prefer to see Mac Allister play in that role and have Trossard to be an impact player off the bench.

Edit: looks like its a front 3, with Maupay on the right, Trossard on the left and Connolly in centre.

Trossard is poor at the moment and does not warrant a starting place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Yup.........we're are so static when attacking. Our strikers were on/near the edge of the box like 3 traffic cones for much of the last 25 mins or so, needed at least one making a run from deeper to move the defence out of shape.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Any highlights anywhere? I need to see that penalty shout again around 30 mins. It was right in front of me I was convinced VAR would give it but it didn’t even get that far. I wasn’t even drinking!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Sums it up for me when we’re recalling Moder in Jan when we’ve ample cover in CM but leaving the left back with his club when only got BDB as cover for March given that Bernardo is no longer trusted in the team.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Totally agree, EH has a much better eye for young British talent than even Ashworth has showed thus far, he had horrific injuries last season that left them cut adrift, but even in going down, they mounted a pretty good last stand and were brilliant away at Everton, losing out by a hairs breadth, They were the best team of the bottom 5 or 6 in the final month, they damage was done earlier with the horrendous run caused mainly due to the massive injury list.

It wont happen, im sure, but if it could.....even if we were to go down I'd take EH and his record (with a smaller club) over GP and his (with a bigger club) any day

Ashworth is the root of the problem IMO

Never trust a consultant . . Leeches!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
gen_grammar.png

With all due respect, he could have been referring to his sheets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here