Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield United *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
When your 16th in the league and take 2 points from 2 games to teams below you, you must know your shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gen_grammar.png

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
My treble for today has gone down the pan already although I fancy Leeds to get something at Old Trafford later. :censored:

Seething. There really is no hope with Potter now. It's absolutely disgraceful we haven't beaten a side with 12 defeats from 13 games before today.

If we can't win this at the Amex with the sending off, what game will we win under Potter? :facepalm:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Manager's just chucking in players at random now. Really don't think he's the Big Tactical Brain that's been touted by the pathological cheerleaders on here. Still, buck stops with the owner. Can't do the EPL on the cheap for very long and expect to get away with it for very long nowadays

Genuinely think it's because he has a degree. The world of football has always creamed themselves over perceived football intellectuals.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
There was one classic example in the second half. March cut inside his man, on the corner of the penalty area, clear sight of goal, but he passed it inside to a player who got tackled. Just shoot, FFS!

It was the same under Poyet, always trying to do too much in front of goal and pass it in and failing most of the time. Trying to score the perfect goal and getting nothing

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It’s probably us (and Arsenal) that are in the worst form in the league, something has to change to rectify that. Either a bit of luck (we’ve had none) or a new signing or perhaps the ultimate silver bullet a new manager.

We need to arrest this slide quickly.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
As right as you are about that. It really shouldn't be an issue that he hit the bar.

If we have any ambition then Sheffield United who have1 single point and 10 men shouldn't even be in the game at that time.

I've been defneding Potter to the hilt but it now appears to me that we can't beat the big teams, (although we come agonisingly close) and neither can we beat the teams around us. We cannot win games of football . . . Where is that going to lead us?

Agree with all this.

AJ should have buried it but my word, until Welbeck's goal the best (and pretty much only) shot anyone had in that second half was Adam Webster - Adam flaming Webster! It shouldn't be up to him to be having shots at goal. Trossard, Bissouma, Ali J, Connolly - JUST SHOOT.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Blah blah blah one home win in a year wake up ffs he is out of his depth like the championship do you ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ****ing love the championship tbf.

The problem our fanbase have is there are too many premier league groupies looking to sack the manager all the time.

Does anyone seriously think that Eddie ****ing Howe would be getting better results?

We need two or three attacking players in jan to stand a chance. That’s the main positive I can find in all of this, there’s half a season and a transfer window to fix a quite obvious problem, at least this isn’t happening in April/May

well we know that wont happen. Actually thats the first match i ever recall us having FIVE attackers on the pitch at the same time: Trossard, Zequiri, Connolley, Welbeck , AJ

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
My treble for today has gone down the pan already although I fancy Leeds to get something at Old Trafford later. :censored:

Seething. There really is no hope with Potter now. It's absolutely disgraceful we haven't beaten a side playing with ten men, with 12 defeats from 13 games before today.

If we can't win this at the Amex with the sending off, what game will we win under Potter? :facepalm:

edited for you

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If he is so out of his depth why are they not in the relegation zone?

Did Brighton deserve to win today? The answer is clearly yes. Potter can lead a horse to water, but he can't make it drink. The players clearly buy into the style of play, they consistently get into fantastic goalscoring positions, the manager cannot legislate for supposed PL level players missing sitters from 4 yards out.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Not a Brighton fan though? Eh?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Generally deserve to beat most teams they play. They'll scrape enough points to stay up but the potential under someone like Potter is much higher than it is under a manager like Hughton for example. If you can get someone to stick the ball in the f*cking net then a top 10 finish wouldn't be too outlandish of a prediction.

Strikers need confidence..

Switching them around and dropping them game after game is not going to do anything for their confidence.

Maupay's confidence must be pretty much shot, Connolly is getting worse each game (IMHO he needs to drop a level or two to get some game time - learn a new trick because falling over isn't working for him). So surely the only one to start today is Welbeck??

Strikers need managing as much, if not more than other players.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Can’t see Tony getting rid of Potter yet. The January transfer window is going to be critical to our survival and needs to be bold in which players come in as well as getting rid of those who longer are up to it. The club knows what is needed, just hope they deliver

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here