Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest *** Official Match Thread ***

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
A confident first half but we are seriously too slow from the back, Veltman has turned and “gone home” far too May times because he’s not moving on quick enough.

This is crying out for a spark and some pace, hopefully will see Sarimento / Enciso and lamptey no later than 60 mins if it’s 0-0

Anyone pick up on RDZ going mad at Andrew Crofts on the side line (going by body language but might just be Latin passion)

f*** sake Brighton come we’ve been here too many times

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Playing well, deserve a goal. Keep going like that, I’m sure it will come. RDZ very different to Potter in showing fan level frustration at the finishing! 😂

The move when Trossard hit the bar included some wonderful one touch football.

Sarmiento, Enciso and Undav must be itching to get on. Would be tempted to bring them all on at some stage for a bit of youthful exuberance and confidence as they’re hopefully not suffering from the same lack of finishing confidence!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well this is exciting and frightening all at the same time. Can’t help but feel that RDZ is beginning to realise what he’s got himself into.

Really hoping that among the seemingly endless staff that RDZ’s brought in is someone that will coach the concept of “goals”.
Not easy to coach... hence why clubs spend hideous money on strikers.

Tonight I think the goal will come however. The difference between this Forest and eg Hodgsons Palace is that these are not even good at defending.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This game is crying out for Lamptey imho. Straight swap down right with Solly.
Solly has been pretty good I thought, I’d definitely try and get him on though maybe for Groß
So strange that two managers in a row have had us playing great football without the ability to score. I wonder if there is any aspect of our squad that might be causing this issue?
I wonder if it’s the lack of pace in midfield, Groß, Lallana, Mac Allister and Caicedo are hardly speed merchants.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Need to "bomb on" like it was the last few minutes of the game and bundle the ball into the net. Far too slow in the build up.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Accentuate the positive. We've got the possession. We've got the ball.

How can the opposition hurt us if they can't get the ball? Huh?

No. Stay positive. Don't even think about own goals or a Forest goal in the 94th minute break.

I get why people are a bit downbeat but we only need 1 goal to win this game. And I reckon we’ll get 8-10 chances this half. Dunno if this is quite the game for Pascal and Adam’s silky skills, I’d go more direct with the pace and finishing power we currently have on the bench

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Well this is exciting and frightening all at the same time. Can’t help but feel that RDZ is beginning to realise what he’s got himself into.

Really hoping that among the seemingly endless staff that RDZ’s brought in is someone that will coach the concept of “goals”.
He forgot to bring his Sports Psychologist

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Think we need to speed things up if possible Forest have got 11 behind the ball pretty much all the time.

Might have to risk giving them more attacking possession and then attack on the counter...
Why/how would speeding things up help? Apart from giving Forest goal kicks?

instinctiveness, and or an ability to relax and shoot is whats required . . . GPot failed, ok we got there for a few games at the end against teams at rock bottom.

we need a few goall scoring players, which aint going to happen as we've been saying the same thing for over 5 years.

onward and sideways.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A confident first half but we are seriously too slow from the back, Veltman has turned and “gone home” far too May times because he’s not moving on quick enough.

This is crying out for a spark and some pace, hopefully will see Sarimento / Enciso and lamptey no later than 60 mins if it’s 0-0

Anyone pick up on RDZ going mad at Andrew Crofts on the side line (going by body language but might just be Latin passion)

f*** sake Brighton come we’ve been here too many times
My guess is he was trying to tell Crofts to give them some instruction he maybe didnt have the language skills to yell out himself. But I did notice it yeah.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
On the bright side, our passing seems a lot less sloppy than the last few games. I suspect there was some confusion with some players on the De Zerbi playbook and some still on the Potter playbook.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here