Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Norwich City *** Official Match Thread ***

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Fml propper is rubbish.
Hes comfortable doing easy things in non threatening areas but meaningful contributions are beyond him.
Same thing game after game.
He’s not a good player playing badly (like maupay today) , he’s just bad...and so wet.
Upgrade needed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All Albion, just need the finish. Keep at them lads.

Yep - no panic needed at mo. Pleased we’ve played pretty well so far. Credit to the carrot sisters they’ve come and played football - awful support though as usual.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Get sent off.

Sorry!

There was a goal mouth scramble and he went in to smash the ball home form a yard. Only the defender got there first and Maupay booted him on the shin, studs first.

I thought this is what happened too, at first.

In actuality the ball was nowhere near him, he wasn't looking at the ball and clearly was frustrated and angry. Having seen it a few times it was a shocking foul and a stone wall red card.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I guess Trossard will come on soon. Wonder if Potter dares to keep Maupay after the VAR red card situation? Sure he is missing chances and whatnot but he is very dangerous and important and Connolly is invisible at times.

Last substitution I could see both Murray or Mooy, both could do damage here.

Looking generally pretty good so far though I hope second half will be better.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I guess Trossard will come on soon. Wonder if Potter dares to keep Maupay after the VAR red card situation? Sure he is missing chances and whatnot but he is very dangerous and important and Connolly is invisible at times.

Last substitution I could see both Murray or Mooy, both could do damage here.

Looking generally pretty good so far though I hope second half will be better.
Thought Connelly looked our best player up front. Giving Norwich nightmares with his pace and gives a good outlet to Propper, gross and Montoya who are being constantly pressurised

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

I think after an early misjudgment when he should have passed, Connolly has been about our best player. Alzate tidy again, the rest all lacking inspiration or just error prone

Snap

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Plenty of possession and comfortable until we get into the final third, then we seem to have two default options: snatch wildly at it, or pussy around with a bit of ‘after you’ ‘no after you’ before going backwards.

If only we could find the magical middle, and we’d be romping this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Very poor and negative half, struggling against one of the few teams in this league who are decidedly worse than us.

Pröpper drifting on the right doesn't work - he has no pace whatsoever. Groß is lightning slow beside him. Trossard off for Pröpper please, Stephens to sit with Groß allowing our quicker players, Alzate and Trossard to be the ones to push on in wider positions.

They are on the bench alas

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Gross, Stephens and propper are increasingly hiding behind alzate in the search for a moment of inspiration.

Probably Hughton’s worst quality was too much loyalty or stubbornness to averagely performing players. Hope we don’t see that today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here