Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I don't think it's been that bad, we've been in control. Newcastle did very little up until the last 5 mins. Mwepu not really been involved at all, perhaps not the right formation for him (seems like we're playing 442 with Lamptey and March wide mid?), so wouldn't be surprised to see him changed or moved. I'd be tempted to bring on Moder, we need a bit of presence in the box when attacking.

They seem to have doubled up on Lamptey, which means Saint-Maximin has to drop deeper - good for us from a defending point of view. We need to use that to our advantage though and get more runs through the middle and left as they're expecting everything through Lamptey at the moment.

We definitely need another goal, I think we've all sat through enough games where we've been 1-0 up and in control for most of it to know what happens next.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Lamptey looking sharp. Lots of mistakes in possession though generally from us. Newcastle very poor and look there for the taking. We are doing enough, just.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The Newcastle equivalent of The Argus are asking "What changes would you (ie: Toon fans) be making at half time?", one of the responses was "changing my train ticket home for an earlier one" and someone else suggested "the TV channel".

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
is it any wonder biss making few mistakes with those tossers booing him every time he gets the ball - keep that up and it may lead to a mistake which could cost us a goal
Not even close. Why the hell say such a thing? Their scummy "fans" have sung more songs (slander) about him than their own team.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
If you think it Brighton fans booing bissouma then you need to give your head a wobble. Certainly not happening in the north stand.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Fear not it's definitely all coming from the south stand.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Newcastle fans trying to take the moral high ground, is it?

Ozwald

Dec 8, 2019
jake humphrey trying is hardest to get his guests to say it wasn't and shouldn't be a pen ahah

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Decent half but Newcastle are making it very congested in midfield, Mwepu has hardly been in the game, need to get Lamptey on the ball more as he's made some dangerous crosses.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Saint Maximan had been doubling up first half on Lamptey as they clearly had a plan to sit back first half.
I think Newcastle will start coming forwards as the second half goes on and hopefully Lamptey will start getting space and left one on one.

As strong as we are defensively, we always look like we've got a mistake in us so a 2nd goal would be nice. I pray we are not going to sit back for 45 mins now.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Decent half but Newcastle are making it very congested in midfield, Mwepu has hardly been in the game, need to get Lamptey on the ball more as he's made some dangerous crosses.

Nobody to target. Mwepu is our only heading option and he hasn't been in the right areas. Our set pieces have been okay.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Haven't been able to make it down there tonight owing to a stinking cold, is the atmosphere as flat as it's seemed on the TV?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
is it any wonder biss making few mistakes with those tossers booing him every time he gets the ball - keep that up and it may lead to a mistake which could cost us a goal

If only we had a manager with a master's degree in leadership and emotional intelligence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here