Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I'll claim the credit, as I thought we were great value for a lay at 1.72. Layed £40, was very happy to lose £28 for that, thought we were impressive first to last.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
On after the FA cup MOTD, not sure why 2 programmes !!!

Contractually they have to be kept separate when showing highlights

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
And they weren't tippy tippy passes, they were swung passes, switching the play
c1589c23f2d5eac675fb597621a169ef.jpg

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Cracking result tonight, now got some breathing space and confidence for the next few games. A break to recharge too.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
And they weren't tippy tippy passes, they were swung passes, switching the play
c1589c23f2d5eac675fb597621a169ef.jpg

They’re not wrong, but they’re being a bit ignorant about us there. That’s how we play against most teams, we play from the back, have Sanchez involved with short passes and hold possession with lots of passing.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Amazing performance.

To cash out or not to cash out? I had a fiver on us winning 3-0. 65 if it happens, bet365 currently offering 35 to cash out...

Moneywise, I ****ed up, but I really wanted to be shouting for another goal rather than hoping not to get one. So I cashed out at 40 quid and put 10 if it back on us getting a 4th goal.

Cost me a few quid of my winnings, but made the rest of the game more fun.

On a more important note, I think we're pretty much safe now. The bottom two may as well be already down, and on the back of that performance, Newcastle are not going to overtake us. I'm certain they'll take the third drop place.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not a good couple of days for Newcastle they're already 4-0 at home to Adelaide this morning in the A League, 30 minutes to play.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ooh, that makes me a little goose pimply. Just want to be there again so badly.

Soon(ish)...

I haven’t missed going that much at all in last year. Lazily watching us from the sofa and swerving all the home losses and draws.

But would loved to have been at The Amex last night, what an outstanding performance and three beautiful goals.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
More good news on a Sunday morning. SSN have a breaking news banner: "Newcastle owner Mike Ashley intending to stick with Steve Bruce as manager" :thumbsup:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
When you want to play with the ball as Potter does, it's infectious he is a very good coach and can progress and has progressed the Albion in style and ability.

I am loving his style.

Well done to all the effort put in by the lads.

Over to you Southgate!

Have you come to the way of thought that showing passion on the touchline, as Nathan Jones did is not the be all & end all?
Potter definitely has the players maximizing their ability and team work has started to pay dividends. Since the very unlucky United (hit woodwork 5 times) match we have rarely been outclassed, maybe Leicester.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Still absolutely buzzing after that result. Great performance for 90 minutes. That was a big game and every player turned up for the fight.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Have you come to the way of thought that showing passion on the touchline, as Nathan Jones did is not the be all & end all?
Potter definitely has the players maximizing their ability and team work has started to pay dividends. Since the very unlucky United (hit woodwork 5 times) match we have rarely been outclassed, maybe Leicester.

Everton. Other than that no one I can think of.

feller

N00b
Aug 13, 2011
Cambridgeshire
Really, really enjoyed the performance. That was the best I've seen them play in a long, long time.

The only disappointing thing for me was Potter not bringing on Izquierdo for the last 10 mins to run them more ragged for the rest of the match. I was sure he was going to get a cameo in that game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here