Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
To be fair, this is the type of game we can learn a lot from.

Very rarely do we play teams who park the bus against us... but next season, particularly if we are doing well, we will come across it more often... and it will be down to us to find the creativity to break them down.

Let's see how Potter and his players react to this frustrating opposition in the 2nd half.

They need to pass it about much more quickly, especially considering there's very little pace except for Lamptey. Not sure why Potter leaves Mac Allister on the bench, he's seems the player best suited for potterball.

Also shows as much as ever that we need a big centre forward, having Maupay alongside Trossard or Connolly doesn't really work.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So, first half,

who has been so brilliant and will never stay with a team like Brighton

and who is so shit, you'll drive him there yourself ?

Don't forget the rules, no fence sitting :wink:

To be fair, i'll let you know in 45 mins

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Absolutely this, so so poor. Basically three players who all do the same thing on Gross Mooy and Trossard. No one will commit a man and take it past him.

I often feel Trossard has the quick feet to do it, but seems to never have the desire or momentum to try...

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Snoozefest. Literally so boring. None of the players look interested or bothered at all. I know we’re safe and this is a mid table clash but this must be so mind numbing for any other teams fans watching this game.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The girthy sea pickle I did at work earlier was less painful than this.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Hopeless,

No width, no urgency, no pace, no bravery.

You can’t play 4222 with one full back who simply will
Not play the ball forward. Dunk and Webster have no options on the ball.

I’m raging.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
This feels a lot like the away game. Dominate possession, no cutting edge.

Time to give up this shit conga line corner routine, we never win the ball because all the players are too close to each other and easy to defend against.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Gross has been anonymous, apart from wilfully refusing to beat the first man at corners - awful performance so far

Ha ha, you can’t pick him out especially. They’ve all been dreadful with exception of Ryan who’s had nothing to do. Maupay and Mooy suddenly can’t trap. Burn looks like the lanky science kid who got picked last at school
because of his two left feet etc etc. Nobody is winning awards out there tonight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Overall OK but why are such an absolute joke from corners. Been pathetic for a long time now.

I don’t remember a single corner that ended up as even an attempt on goal since we came back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here