Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Middlesbrough *** Official Match Thread ***

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The bench is so poor and the injuries are really raking their toll on us.
Still we're barely halfway through the season with players to return and the Jan window :)

larus

Right, well we can now accept the streaks over and so is our run as one of the top two. Few questions from here.

1. How do we respond to our first defeat? Do we slump like everyone thinks we will or do we come back strong?

2. How much more money do we now need to offer in January to players, unless we get 9/9 from our next 3 after this we will be just as attractive as anyone else in the top 8, strengthening from strength is now no longer an option for TB, do we lose certain targets?

Either way, a defeat here is gonna be killer, and December has found us out, the injuries and the lack of teeth in front of goal against the top sides has hurt us so much, let's just try and keep the GD down now, because we'll be effectively 4 points behind come full time.

It's the defence IMO. We're conceding too many. 2 in each of the last 4 games (including today). 1 in each of the previous 3. 11 (so far) in 7 games. How many have come down the left I wonder since we lost both our left backs?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Brighton have had a lot of the ball but not threatened once. Hemed anymous, Murphy ineffective, Wilson crowded out. La perra looks our best player but only 7/10. Defensively we've been outfoxed twice. Poor poor performance so far , but not helped by not having March

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can't see a way back. Playing the tightest defence in the league here.

I'm not sure if 4-4-2 is helping against their defensive midfielders. 4-3-3 second half ?

But basically, they are better than us.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Poor performance today. Too slow and nobody making any runs. I'd take Hemed and Murphy off as they have done sod all and put Bob and Elvis on.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
So quiet at the Amex Library, Sky commentators said something like they couldn't understand why the fans aren't getting behind the team and trying to encourage them some more

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I hope we never play at 12:30 again, too much time left to feel horrible today. (I also hope saying this will change the course of this afternoon).

OOoooh, you live in Ghent - Me and Mrs Peteinblack love the Raj restaurant, and the Het Waterhuis pub :drink:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
It's the defence IMO. We're conceding too many. 2 in each of the last 4 games (including today). 1 in each of the previous 3. 11 (so far) in 7 games. How many have come down the left I wonder since we lost both our left backs?
I don't think many have down our left, but we look short of runners at present. We are missing Kaz, Baldock as an option and Bong's forward runs.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I suspect BZ sooner rather than later - but not sure who will come off, maybe a winger and have 3 up front?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We've looked better on the one or two occasions we've played first time passes to create space, but its few and far between. Not much movement up front either, or a lack of vision to spot the movement I'm not sure - giving Boro more than enough time to get their shape and stifle us. They know we like to play out wide and given RVLP little space and until he kicked the ball into his face, I wasn't aware Murphy was on the pitch.

A point would be a superb result after this, but it'll take one hell of a turnaround.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
What poor game so far, I think the players are thinking of the party in Barcelona instead, come on lads for the 2nd half

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here