Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Middlesbrough *** Official Match Thread ***

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Right, well we can now accept the streaks over and so is our run as one of the top two. Few questions from here.

1. How do we respond to our first defeat? Do we slump like everyone thinks we will or do we come back strong?

2. How much more money do we now need to offer in January to players, unless we get 9/9 from our next 3 after this we will be just as attractive as anyone else in the top 8, strengthening from strength is now no longer an option for TB, do we lose certain targets?

Either way, a defeat here is gonna be killer, and December has found us out, the injuries and the lack of teeth in front of goal against the top sides has hurt us so much, let's just try and keep the GD down now, because we'll be effectively 4 points behind come full time.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Just got in from a christms party...caught the last ten minutes, can someone give me a quick run down on whats happened? From what I saw the game was played at a pre-season friendly pace and we conceded a very soft second goal from yet another set piece. Any positives from the first half or are we surrendering our unbeaten record as meekly as it looked in those last ten minutes?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
To many non existent players and way to slow....Outclassed and out fought.
Zero chance of getting back in this with boro's defence so good.They attack and look like scoring when they do and we just overplay and get nowhere.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
At 1-0 we were still in it but that was an awful bit of defending for their second. We look tired.

Have felt we have looked tired for the last three games to be honest. Derby and QPR both looked quicker to the ball than us and both played with more intensity but we took our chances. Boro haven't given us a sniff at a chance so far and their back four have been outstanding.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Friend should have been booked, we are not winning the second ball, Hemed gone missing
kick up the backside by Chris at halftime ................but I fear thats it
now prove me wrong

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well that's that then.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That's usually the case but we did go 1-0 at Wolves and ended up winning 1-3 but your point still remains, if you get the first goal you'll probably win. If we get the first goal, we'll probably win.

The only game we haven't won when we scored first was Derby away. They had all the possession in the second but just couldn't create anything then a big hopeful long ball ended up with them gaining a scrappy goal. So in my opinion Bobby Z is probably you're best chance.

It's a moot point now. You boys scored first. And second.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here