Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Hammers home the fact we do not have a suitable back up striker

Absolutely, a couple of decent performances does not paper over the fact we are so sort up front.

We also need a new left back/wingback. Bernardo is nowhere near good enough for this level and March needs proper competition.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Good to get the opinions of two Man Utd players as pundits. Have they lost Steve Sidwell's number? Liam Rosenior? Glenn Murray?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't get the love of Burn and not just because of the goal. Just don't rate him at all, does a couple of flashy things every game that come as a surprise because it's unexpected but as a defender I don't think he does the basics very well.

Poor all round tonight, Ali J and Ali Mac look like the most likely to create something but nobody else stands out so far.

I agree to an extent.

Steady last season, but nothing more and often played on by opposing teams.

However, think he’s done well generally in the cup so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think we've played well and looked the better team. Shame we're a goal down, but nobody really gives a f**k about the Worthington Cup or whatever it's called now. Surely there's no money to be made out of it with no gate money, so the quicker we're out the better.

It’s a trophy ffs. What other chances do we have realistically of winning anything?

Plus a route into Europe I believe.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
One word. Predestination.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Veltman not looking like a Potter player so far. Guess it will take time.

Plenty of nice performances elsewhere, but as the pundits said, if you're going to play that high a live at set pieces, the keeper needs to be coming out. Several times Steele has stayed rooted on his line. I can't really put blame on any of the defenders for that goal, the ball is so deep.

Strange, i think he's looked really assured in each game.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I used to think he had pace to burn, but Manure players are winning foot races against him tonight, even when he has a head start.

Wonder if the club will look to strengthen the LWB position in the next 5 days?

Think it may have been mentioned :lol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
For the goal, I tend to think if we are beaten in the air with a great header then fair enough, but, surely we should be blocking a player from having a clear run through. It's so frustrating.

You don't even have to be any good at football to block a runner, it really is basic stuff. Then it doesn't matter if White moves too early :shrug:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Bit more tempo this half please.

Has Bernie had an injury that might have making him permanently slower?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Got to improve. I think Maupay will be on soon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here