Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Genuine question is white good enough defensively. We are leaking goals all over the place at the moment. Dunk off form and white doesn't seem that solid

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Did you notice his first few games, White was on his feet at all times . .. . Then on Saturday looked more like Duffy . . . . Dunk is off form, White will be looking up, but its not there/no better . . . . It'll come, but it's not quite right at the moment . . .

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Maybe Bernardo can't be blamed for Mata's run as perhaps he had been pushed up but look who was supposed to be marking Mctominay.

March might be coming good at LWB but Bernardo offers no competition. I thought we'd been comfortable until then.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Genuine question is white good enough defensively. We are leaking goals all over the place at the moment. Dunk off form and white doesn't seem that solid

Genuine answer is ‘yes he is’ but you knew that already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
We should be beating teams like utd......'s second string. Lack of pace, control and positional sense. A bit annoying after the last lot of games we've seen.That's what happens when you're spoilt

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Boring game. Ali j continues to look good, macillister settling in more too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ali Macc is showing lots of promise, his undoing might be he looks like a number 10, and on that basis with our current system, he may not get that many opportunities as he'd like.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I don't get the love of Burn and not just because of the goal. Just don't rate him at all, does a couple of flashy things every game that come as a surprise because it's unexpected but as a defender I don't think he does the basics very well.

Poor all round tonight, Ali J and Ali Mac look like the most likely to create something but nobody else stands out so far.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I think we've played well and looked the better team. Shame we're a goal down, but nobody really gives a f**k about the Worthington Cup or whatever it's called now. Surely there's no money to be made out of it with no gate money, so the quicker we're out the better.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Seven goals conceded this season and four have come from a cross into the box from a set piece. It’s simply not good enough and for all the training we clearly do on formation and movement maybe we need some more time on that element.

We also conceded a penalty this season so the vast majority of our goals are self inflicted.

The other two were world class goals. Just makes you think what could have been.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Dunks been terrible by his standards this season

His all action and committed style of blood and thunder diving at players and the ball will always give rise to deflections and own goals. It is not generally a Premiership way of defending but, it’s got us where we are. Not sure if he should now be discouraged.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Veltman not looking like a Potter player so far. Guess it will take time.

Plenty of nice performances elsewhere, but as the pundits said, if you're going to play that high a line at set pieces, the keeper needs to be coming out. Several times Steele has stayed rooted on his line. I can't really put blame on any of the defenders for that goal, the ball is so deep.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here