Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Gotta be happy with this performance, now we need the result as well.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
How have we let the convicts back into this? Deservedly ahead then pebble clearly fouls Dunk for the equaliser. What a horrible team of c*nts United are.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
man u player o/s when fk was taken

No. I thought so on first viewing and wound it back during the ads. Maguire was furthest forward for them but we had a player on the near side just in front of him. Maguire was all over Dunk with his arms, but I'd be very annoyed if we'd scored that and had it disallowed.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Great half.
Absolute travesty to be level.
Utd could be down to 9 (Matic elbow and second booking for Fernandez on pen). Pogba as well persistent foul play, warned after his 6th foul.

Trossard, Alzate, March outstanding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ref has been decent, hopefully a second yellow second half for one of those two, and those three for us, absolutely outstanding.

D

Deleted member 2719

Great half.
Utd could be down to 9 (Matic elbow and second booking for Fernandez on pen). Pogba as well persistent foul play, warned after his 6th foul.

I agree our midfield is on steroids this year. The slower methodical has been replaced by hungry forward thinkers with a work rate to burn.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Playing well. Just need to take our chances.

Lord knows United will. No matter how badly they do.

Always the problem against a team of this quality. One error and they're in. Frustrating when Albion have organised themselves so well.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I might be being slightly bitter but it seemed like Maguire manhandled Dunk like he was a Greek policeman for the equaliser.

That said what an excellent first half. Comfortably the better side and played through them like they mostly weren't there. Unfortunately we don't have the lead and United surely can't be that poor for the second half can they? Which is worrying considering how good there front three are.

Regardless of what happens in the second half* there are plenty of positives to be taken form the first 45.

*Dear footballing God, this is not an invitation to create a Brighton ocllapse and/or send three of our players off. You've created enough mischief with the three shots against the woodwork.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Sick pen from Maupay ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He had two hands on dunk, was impeding him from behind, and he kicked through dunks leg?

I may be clutching at straws, but there are many straws there.

Just watched it again and it's a foul on dunk two hands on him and shoves him aside. It's not a shoulder barge or body weight push it was hands on shoulder.

Doesn't excuse the way ball came through. Think the keep has to come and punch....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Great half.

Yep. All of that

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This co commentator on NBC is an absolute tool. No idea about the Albion. Apparently we have no pace in the front line or midfield and an accurate long ball from Dunk is highly unusual ....

Don't stress over it! Talksport commentary has us as far the better team, and United lucky to be level.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Gotta be happy with this performance, now we need the result as well.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Not worried about the result to be honest as I think it’s one of those days where the opposition’s goal-posts, the ref and the extraordinary luck of Manure will bring them the 3 points, a touch like Chelsea.

However, we’re playing amazing and I’m already made-up with our performance.

Manure will score every time they shoot in this match, that’s football I’m afraid but we are the moral winners and look absolutely amazing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here