Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Theres, definitely offside....I called it(blue n' white specs)
Ours, should be 2-0 up.
Generally very enjoyable to see us going toe to toe with the reigning champions.
But, I am having an AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!! whilst watching. This is so much better than the ohfercryingoutloud of yesteryear

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Really promising first half.

Looked like two teams with the same basic tactic - get it in behind your opponents high defensive line. Unfortunately they have Salah on the receiving end while we have Connolly, who, much as I like him, is currently not a world class player like Salah.

If we play the high line for the second half sooner or later Liverpool will score. Particularly if Henderson and Mane come on. So, lets make sure we score at least a couple too!

As an aside is our pitch a bit shit? It looks like the ball doesn't roll properly on it. It looks sluggish despiter all the water that's put on it. Or is it just my tv?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
sorry but having had a mental breakdown i can tell you that you continue to work and people don't notice you , you just work harder to hide it then it goes pop. Took 4 years for me. He is likely to be a lot more highly strung than me. I think it goes back to the incident where he was dropped.

We cant psychoanalyse him from afar but hes always been very petulant and highly strung, something Ive actually liked about his game.

This is why assume he is just throwing a temper tantrum (if hes not injured), Im sure hes been dropped 100's of times throughout his career as its part and parcel of football.

Anyways, glad you worked your way through your tough time.

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
It's so unbelievably frustrating that after a one on one with the keeper and a penalty, we are still awaiting our fist shot on target. We again have played the better football, looked threatening and yet could've easily been 0-1 down. It's like we need 534 attempts on goal to score. Love watching our team, hate the end product. Yin and yang.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Half of me is pleased with a very decent performance, the other half of me is thoroughly hacked off that we missed two fantastic chances. So frustrating to not translate quality play into tangible results.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Well, for me it has. I'm of an age when we used to jump around celebrating goals rather than popping out for a cuppa or loo break before eventually finding out it had been ruled out because someones fingernail strayed offside in the build up.

The thing that was ruining football for me were the shit refereeing calls. being angry at a bad decision, one decision by a ref ruining my entire weekend. I'd rather the decision be right than shite.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Unfortunately I think we’ve missed our opportunity. We should have been in front by at least a goal, maybe two. You can’t let opportunities like these go by. Liverpool will adapt at HT and I think we will pay the price.

They’ll certainly be taking any chance that comes their way, we are still in it though. However if Biss does not start the 2nd half, I’d have to agree with you.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Big half-time for Potter. Keep confidence high, see how Bissouma is and work out what to do about Henderson coming on.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
In a parallel universe we go in at half time 2-0 up with everyone singing our praises.

In this universe, Liverpool have held Brighton to 0-0 until half time.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It's so unbelievably frustrating that after a one on one with the keeper and a penalty, we are still awaiting our fist shot on target. We again have played the better football, looked threatening and yet could've easily been 0-1 down. It's like we need 534 attempts on goal to score. Love watching our team, hate the end product. Ying and yang.

Yin

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here