Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
I wonder how much credit GP gets for the maturity and composure that Ali Mac showed today?

I think after having a world class goal chalked off to the stupidest of subjective BS reasons, many of us would have been forgiven for going into a bit of a sulk. But he shrugged it off and stepped-up magnificently.
Good shout. He's a very mature midfield maestro

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I was worried once Macs goal was chalked off but what a 2nd half that was. We are a good side playing some delightful stuff even having setbacks during the game
Yes, if Leicester had any heart they would have taken encouragement from that let off, but they did nothing for the next five minutes and then we took control again.

As good a second half as any, bar Man It's at the end of last season.

Mac, Gross, Caceido, Mwepu, March, Welbeck, Velts, Tross (2nd half) all magnificent. One solid save from Sanchez. Dunk one mistake, Webster a few too many.

But overall magnificent performance. We rarely kick teams when they are down, but did today

nobodies mentioned that Leicester never tried to play the high press. Their backroom staff should have done their homework and seen how much pressure we took from Leeds and Fulham when they permanently hounded our players and stayed up for the goal kicks. Once they went 3-2 down that is the tactic i would have played :)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Superb atmosphere and performance today. Everyone was superb, Mac's performance in particular was stunning.

It's probably been covered but I was actually surprised their first goal stood because of what looked a foul on Solly, couldn't believe Mac's screamer getting ruled out but maybe it was the right call, idk or idc after that though really.

Leicester dreadful, Rodgers is a dead man walking.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
nobodies mentioned that Leicester never tried to play the high press. Their backroom staff should have done their homework and seen how much pressure we took from Leeds and Fulham when they permanently hounded our players and stayed up for the goal kicks. Once they went 3-2 down that is the tactic i would have played :)

I genuinely believe they haven’t got the players, fitness or heart for it even if he tried. They were done after 55 minutes, absolutely gassed. Only Daka for them had any heart.

I’m glad they didn’t/couldn’t but we still would’ve won. We are miles ahead of them in personnel.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
I don’t have a problem with VAR ruling out Ali Mac goal for offside but 4 and half minutes? It’s killing the game.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Superb atmosphere and performance today. Everyone was superb, Mac's performance in particular was stunning.

It's probably been covered but I was actually surprised their first goal stood because of what looked a foul on Solly, couldn't believe Mac's screamer getting ruled out but maybe it was the right call, idk or idc after that though really.

I am certain Rodgers WANTS to go, his Parker-esque comments scream “sack me, I don’t want a relegation on my record”.

I don’t think it was a foul on March if I’m honest, few minutes later there was an identical one by March in their third and he didn’t give that either.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

I think he'll jump, rather than wait to be pushed. He's got a few in that squad going through the motions, maddison is their biggest bellend diving cheat giving nothing back to their supporters. Some are just not playing well in the set up but, as they say, not our problem!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Well done to those at the ground for the 'Cry in a minute' chant. The Sky director knew his onions and went close in on Maddison. Alan Smith said nothing....:tumble::lol:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think he'll jump, rather than wait to be pushed. He's got a few in that squad going through the motions, maddison is their biggest bellend diving cheat giving nothing back to their supporters. Some are just not playing well in the set up but, as they say, not our problem!

His dive to get Ali Mac booked was disgraceful and I was giving out to my mate about it (who supports Colchester)… then Webster did one later and I felt decidedly like a hypocrite

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
A big well done to the team for a fabulous performance. I was fearing the worse but I couldn't have got things more wrong in terms of how I thought the game would go. Still think we could do with a bit more pace up front but I'm a very happy Brighton fan tonight; and I haven't said that too often.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere

If he walks he probably goes with nothing, If he's sacked he will go with millions. Hhmmm, tough one.:smokin:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
You know the classic cliché “a come get me plea”? Rodgers is basically at this point a “please sack me plea”.

That said, **** ‘em, not my problem.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
A big well done to the team for a fabulous performance. I was fearing the worse but I couldn't have got things more wrong in terms of how I thought the game would go. Still think we could do with a bit more pace up front but I'm a very happy Brighton fan tonight; and I haven't said that too often.

if ever

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
I have to keep on pinching myself saying is this really the Brighton I have supported for 54 years

Literally speechless at their performances and the style they play is breathtaking and I would have never ever thought that I would be saying that about little old Brighton.

But it's not just me as the comments that we are getting from other supporters, even the ones we beat is crazy.

I have never been more prouder to be a supporter of this team. :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here