Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Ipswich ***** Official Match Thread *****

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Hang on. Razak is NOT a holding midfielder!!!!
It's the usual formation with Kaz and Gai to bring on. Looks attacking enough to me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No Vicente because Gus said the Man City boys can't play 90 atm, not really space for 3 players in the squad who can't last so he's given Assulin another go. Can't wait to see him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hang on. Razak is NOT a holding midfielder!!!!
It's the usual formation with Kaz and Gai to bring on. Looks attacking enough to me.

Agreed. Razak is playing in the sort of role Crofts or Sparrow play (for us).

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
with more confidence I think we might sacrifice either Barnes for Vokes (my preference much as I love the job Ash has been doing for us this season) or Navs for Assulin (that might come in the second half though).

The key is to set up to nullify their threat first, establish their weaknesses, then attack them :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
with more confidence I think we might sacrifice either Barnes for Vokes (my preference much as I love the job Ash has been doing for us this season) or Navs for Assulin (that might come in the second half though).

The key is to set up to nullify their threat first, establish their weaknesses, then attack them :)
If you backed Draw/Brighton every match this season, I reckon you'd be well ahead by now. The system works, I'm not knocking it......and yet I still miss the gung-ho end to end football of years gone by, although I enjoy us winning most weeks!!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
as I said before this lot need to be watched any side who have Jimmy Bullard and Jason Scotland on the bench are not to be taken for granted

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If you backed Draw/Brighton every match this season, I reckon you'd be well ahead by now. The system works, I'm not knocking it......and yet I still miss the gung-ho end to end football of years gone by, although I enjoy us winning most weeks!!!

Indeed - that was pretty much my comment about west ham. Top of the league but the old timers must be crying at the football they are playing under Allardyce

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
O dear all that quality and barnes and navarro start again,one winger at home?hope im proved wrong but to defensive for home games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here