Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Frank Lampard's Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
An excellent half from us marred by a stupid gifted goal and Lallana's injury.

Not the universal opinion I know, but I'm not blaming Alzate for the goal. Sure, it was a naive mistake. However, that goal all stemmed from a throw-in we had NEAR CHELSEA's CORNER FLAG, after our most dangerous attack of the game. We threw it 20 yards backwards, 5 seconds later it's with Maty and 5 seconds further it's a penalty. Why on earth throw it towards the halfway line when we're in such an attacking position? :rant:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Adam Lallana last played 90 mins in a PL game in May 2017 ....joke

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
His passes have hit first man 3 times

I wNt him to do well , he can nail the LWB spot if he performs

He’s done ok .

Hope he ups it 2nd half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good at the hard bit of taking on and beating players, then hits first defender with cross

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Meh. Some ok interplay. Chelsea are not even trying though and 1 up.

Looks exactly the same as last season

Relegation battle awaits

No. No. It isn’t the same as last season. White has showed a lot of class at this level and we’ve looked the better side for most of the first half (howler is obligatory) saying Chelsea aren’t trying is just a daft assertion. They haven’t pissed all over us and THATS why they look pedestrian.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Sorry if I’ve missed it, but does anyone else think White would have stopped Werner for the penalty incident? Pretty sure he would have walked him off the ball.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Also Trossard should be better in that position than us part of a front two, but gutted Lallana got injured. He knew instantly, but hoping it's a precautionary measure to give him more longevity than a serious injury.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well I really enjoyed that overall. We look a very accomplished PL team with a lot of lovely football against a moneybags team.

If only we could put the ball in the bloody net and cut out the silly mistakes...!

Correct.

Some really good play involving Lamptey, Biss, Lallana a lot.

Webster looks like he’s improving all the time.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Lot of Chelsea fans saying can they have Lamptey back!!

Getting him for that price was a phenomenal piece of business

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It happened about three times last season, Ryan plays a ball out to Alzate tonight, Propper at least twice , last season where they are facing Ryan.
They dont know whats happening behind them and they either play a piss poor pass or lose possession.
Ryan has to hit it long in that instance

Then take that up with GPott.

Ryan is doing exactly as he's told.
Alzate isn't supposed to heel the ball to the opposition.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
That’s what March does. Every. Single. Time.

We’ve all been saying same on what’s app group. So bloody annoying, he’s not good enough is he for this level? That’s the difference. Split second decisions.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
No. No. It isn’t the same as last season. White has showed a lot of class at this level and we’ve looked the better side for most of the first half (howler is obligatory) saying Chelsea aren’t trying is just a daft assertion. They haven’t pissed all over us and THATS why they look pedestrian.
Chelsea are in second gear .... If they up it they will be 2 or 3-0 up in no time.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
....or something like a simple calf strain. Not difficult to diagnose and did the right thing if so.

I appreciate your point.

Certainly the issue for me, however, is just how predictable it was. In his thread, every few posts people were pointing out his injury proneness. I suspect without such constant injuries he'd never be playing for us in the first place. Fully fit he's easily a top six player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here