Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Credit to Everton who played very well and did a job on us and deserved to win. However I disagree the scoreline was fully justified. First half we were absolutely woeful but we completely dominated the second and if it wasn't for some worldies by Pickford and the woodwork we could have got back into it. They scored two goals totally against the run of play - which obviously can happen if you're chasing the game.

Hopefully we'll see a reaction against Arsenal. There's no way RDZ will put up with anything less. It wouldn't surprise me if we won at the Emirates.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Then what can we say? He got today horribly wrong and if he can be praised as highly as he is then he can be examined negatively also. He was woeful today and showed arrogance
What did he do to show arrogance?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
2nd goal, Webster/Mac turn the ball over, Doucore outruns Mac on the counter to be unmarked at the back post, and a top quality finish.

3rd goal, Gross slips and Steele is out of position.

4th goal, March under hits a pass leaving us out of position from a corner. Caicedo slips chasing back, March pulls his hammy chasing back.

5th goal, Gross has the pace of a snail chasing back the through ball to McNeil. McNeil blasts it top bins (Steele possibly could have done better)

All preventable goals, not because of the tactics of RDZ.
I disagree. Welbeck & Undav shouldn’t have started together or even made 45mins. Gilmour should have started to give us more bite in midfield after his last 2 performances where we were getting over run.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I disagree. Welbeck & Undav shouldn’t have started together or even made 45mins. Gilmour should have started to give us more bite in midfield after his last 2 performances where we were getting over run.

So you mean team selection, not tactics?

In that case, I agree. I would have played Enciso over Undav for sure and possibly Gilmour over Buonanotte.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I really don’t care. We just lost a game, that’s all. During a glorious season - even if we lose every remaining game. Which we won’t. Therefore more glory to come, what’s not to like about that? :)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Bonkers!

Attachments

• IMG_3865.jpeg
    IMG_3865.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 77

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I wonder if turning us around did us mentally at the start, they got the early mind games and that helped them get the early goal

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Credit to Everton who played very well and did a job on us and deserved to win. However I disagree the scoreline was fully justified. First half we were absolutely woeful but we completely dominated the second and if it wasn't for some worldies by Pickford and the woodwork we could have got back into it. They scored two goals totally against the run of play - which obviously can happen if you're chasing the game.

Hopefully we'll see a reaction against Arsenal. There's no way RDZ will put up with anything less. It wouldn't surprise me if we won at the Emirates.
Both teams had five shots on target. Interesting stats. Just how shit are our corners?

scooter1

How soon is now?
I wonder if turning us around did us mentally at the start, they got the early mind games and that helped them get the early goal
We looked lethargic from the kick off and were instantly punished. Dyche had drilled what he wanted and our weaknesses into his team, and they did a number on us. Just like Burnley did(obviously under Dyche) a few years back, or it may have even been last season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Has anyone managed to work out why Pickford wasn't booked? Every time they had a goal kick, he went off for a drink.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Screenshot_20230508_201637_Samsung Internet.jpg
Haven't read the whole thread but a higher xG and losing 5-1...

Clearly the second half onslaught vs them only leaving their half twice (and scoring twice)

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
What the game did show was our general lack of pace, especially when we have to rely on Gross at right back.
We really need a fully firing Lamptey back for games like this where we know a team is likely to counter attack us, or a signing in the summer to give us greater pace.
Buonotte isn’t ready yet.
Jury out on Steel I think. Has got caught a couple of times now on near post.
Mitoma needs a rest.
Undav isn’t a Premier League player.

On the plus side, Ferguson is back and without the world class Pickford, could have had a hat trick.
It shows we need greater strength in depth. We have numerous players out injured and it’s starting to show. These players will return at some point.
Games like this can be an eye opener and if we were undecided about a key signing, it may make us get the cheque book out. Eg Alex Scott.
What the players do need to do is react positively so we can have a strong end to the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here