Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Just read on bbc report of the game:
A shambolic first period saw Brighton booed off at the interval,
I mean about 10 people must have booed ffs and probably out of frustration more than anything
I didn’t hear any booing at all. Sounds like more made up nonsense from social media. What people do rather than boo is just leave early.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I didn’t hear any booing at all. Sounds like more made up nonsense from social media. What people do rather than boo is just leave early.
Bit of booing in WSU at HT and FT

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Couldn’t hear any booing in the East stand lower. Although 5 minutes before HT and FT half the people had left lol. It was like the old days sitting in the rain at Withdean getting thrashed.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Just seen the goals again on YouTube and I have to say Steele has had an absolute shocker there, beaten at his near post three times and deflected one into his own next and Dunk made a right mess of a sliding tackle.

I did not see this result of performance coming.

May 1, 2023
It's done now and we can only take the positives out of it...

It highlights the teams weakness in creating opportinities (at least within the box)
It highlights the squads comparative lack of depth (at the very very top level)
It focuses the minds on upcoming fixtures and being at the level required

Outside of that, learn from it, write it off and move on

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

It highlights the teams weakness in creating opportinities (at least within the box)

We are behind Liverpool and Man city in the big chances missed table; behind arsenal, man city and Liverpool in shots table; and 5th in goals scored table (taken from PL website)... not sure one of our weaknesses has been creating opportunities (in or outside the box) this season!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

It also puts Allardyce and Leeds second from bottom.

Every cloud...

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I am a little disappointed with that, it was definitely down to “tactical disposition“ We left ourselves far too open to the counter attack. He needed to be a bit more pragmatic in the approach.

saying that, Do I still love RDZ? absolutely.
I still think that in some the games Brighton have play this season, it is the best I have ever seen any team play, let alone a Brighton side.
he messed up today, he is human, he is still learning this league, he has never come up a Dyche team before.
I’m over it already.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I had to turn over midway through the first half (before the second goal), so my view is probably not as tarnished as it would have been if I'd witnessed the display in all its horror.

However, this season has been one of adversity and overcoming it. People saying RDZ picked the wrong side are probably benefiting from hindsight as it's basically the same team that spanked Wolves. Conceding after 30 seconds was clearly not part of the game plan. Dyche is savvy.

I'm finding it helpful to remember that this wasn't one of our games in hand. This weekend we've lost no ground on Villa, just Spurs. Could have been a lot better, but could have been worse.

I firmly believe we'll go and beat Arsenal on Sunday. For some reason, the Forest defeat felt worse than this.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I watched the game under the influence of codeine, and found myself strangely unbothered by the first half horror show. Some missplaced passes and a brilliant strategy by Dyche with two fast athletic attackers and, bish, bosh. Two goals. And so on. We weren't terrible. It was simply a perfect storm of bad things. And 4 subs at half time transformed our play. But the opposition were fighting for their lives under strict instructions, and it was tough out there.

RDZ could have made 4 substitutions on 30 minutes, but that would not have be the right thing to do in my view. He isn't Barry f***ing Fry and we aren't Birmingham city. Or Barnet. .

The carry on among of the supporters near me was insufferable, however, with a Tourette's-like pointless repeated 'get on with it!' and other inanity repeated with military precision every time Bumley, sorry Everton disrupted our flow. Still too thick to realize that Pickford was not 'time-wasting'. Oh and getting on Mitoma's back. All that, rather than singing some support isn't going to change the game. It's merely f***ing annoying. They made it unbearable for me in the end so I left earlier than usual.

Credit to the team, they did not allow the flow to be disrupted - partly because in the first half we didn't have one worth preserving.

As for the clever clogs moaning about the starting line up, it's so dull playing 'I'm a better manager than De Zerbi'. No you're not.

I realize this is a football forum, and all about opinions. Mine is that if the set up and execution were 100% correct every week we would be top of the league. A few weeks ago ManUre lost 0-7 to a team we have beaten twice this season. ManUre are above us in the league. Today it was us who f***ed up. Shit happens. To everyone apart from Citeh (and they haven't won the champions' league yet).

Aside from that we are never going to find the reason why we were totally out foxed today, but we can hope that our clever manager may have learned something.

Let's not be entitled pricks about it. We were done over, today, first time for a long time at home, and we have to recover from it.

Oh, and credit to Pickford. A series of worldly saves, leadership, and top-notch swanky shite-housery. If we were the team in desperate need to win ugly today, we would be singing his praises.

If I change my views when the codeine has worn off, I'll keep them to myself. :ROFLMAO:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just seen the goals again on YouTube and I have to say Steele has had an absolute shocker there, beaten at his near post three times and deflected one into his own next and Dunk made a right mess of a sliding tackle.

I did not see this result of performance coming.

What about the build up to the goals?

It wasn’t top flight football.

Pedestrian Dunk and if he was lucky one other back peddling team mate, ‘defending‘ against 3 or 4 Everton players. Gifting them the game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The carry on among of the supporters near me was insufferable,
I had someone who was complaining about most of the players individually. General moans and groans. Then when other fans groaned at misplaced passes, lost possession he would yell at the fans for doing them down, claiming we needed to lift them up. :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
2nd goal, Webster/Mac turn the ball over, Doucore outruns Mac on the counter to be unmarked at the back post, and a top quality finish.

3rd goal, Gross slips and Steele is out of position.

4th goal, March under hits a pass leaving us out of position from a corner. Caicedo slips chasing back, March pulls his hammy chasing back.

5th goal, Gross has the pace of a snail chasing back the through ball to McNeil. McNeil blasts it top bins (Steele possibly could have done better)

All preventable goals, not because of the tactics of RDZ.
Quite. A perfect storm of individual slackness in a pool full of starving piranhas ready to use every last drop of their talent and effort to win, or they'd likely be relegated. And more than half of them are out of contract at the end of the season, with a relegation on their CV.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here