Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Disasterous day. We won’t recover from that. We will lose at Arsenal, Man C and Newcastle. Had to win today and against Saints. Now last European place will go down to the final game and Villa at home will win it. So many errors today from everyone. Wrong line up, tired, complacent, error strewn. What a wasted opportunity- gutted

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
Everton superb, two really really good finishes tonight, deserved the win.

Maybe time for Sanchez to come back though.

No complaints they deserved their win.

Tough now, need to pick ourselves up for Arsenal.

How good would we be if we had DCL and Pickford in our team?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Please don’t be obtuse - all players are at risk of injury - and Solly only coming on late because he was really needed was a case of attempting to MINIMISE the risk - unfortunately for Solly he went on not in top condition and paid the price.
He didn’t come on late, he came on at half time! These days they have the stats on the players. If he wasn’t fit enough he shouldn’t be on the bench! Learn what obtuse means muppet!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Disasterous day. We won’t recover from that. We will lose at Arsenal, Man C and Newcastle. Had to win today and against Saints. Now last European place will go down to the final game and Villa at home will win it. So many errors today from everyone. Wrong line up, tired, complacent, error strewn. What a wasted opportunity- gutted
Knowing us we'll win all three....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't think any of those goals are Steele's fault.
And if Pickford hadn’t made some of those saves, those goals wouldn’t have been his fault either.

It’s a low bar when you just want your keeper to make regulation saves.
No, he may be better with his feet but a poor shot stopper. Big Bob a far superior goal keeper in every way accept distribution (still not bad). Get Bob back!
I agree 100%. RDZ had the opportunity to stick with Sanchez after two good games against Chelsea and Utd, when he conceded just one goal in 210 mins, and that was a massive deflection.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Dyche masterclass, knows how to do over us.

Fair play to him.
It’s like in boxing when they say “styles make fights”.
Our style is perfect for Dyche.
Fair play to him and Everton.
They set some fairly obvious traps and we happily jumped into them.
Still, we are a quality team and one very bad day doesn’t change that.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Not it isn't/wasn't and the rest makes no sense . . .

This was a must win game, against a team fighting relegation, all of these games are if we want Europe.

And my point of bringing Solly on at half time to chase a 3-0 drubbing, you would assume he is match fit............ therefore he should had started on that premise being that he was rested midweek too.

As it turned out, he pulled a hamstring, so he wasn't fit............ therefore he shouldn't had been bought on to try get us out sh!t when we are already 3-0 down. It was a pointless risk, the game was over.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Gutted but we will pick ourselves up for a massive game next week. I still believe in our day we can beat anyone

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A very disappointing result and an abject 1st half performance.

But we've won the game v United that I didn't think we'd win and lost the game today that I thought we'd win.

So probably a point less than I thought we'd get in the last 2 games, but nothing worse than that.

At the risk of cliché, Europe is still well within our grasp. Villa's run-in is very tough.

6th or 7th is still very achievable. One bad day doesn't change that regardless of how raw the feelings are right now.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Embarrassing all round. Now need great results against the top 3 and villa instead of a couple draws. If our best players were tired and had to come off after 45/60/75 mins, resulting in a battering we’d be disappointed. But that first half was scandalous.

Well done Everton and Dyche. Done us again.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
He didn’t come on late, he came on at half time! These days they have the stats on the players. If he wasn’t fit enough he shouldn’t be on the bench! Learn what obtuse means muppet!

Whilst it's fine to criticise and have a pop in frustration at the result, I think you just need to switch it all off and go for a walk. It's an aberration of a result in a fantastic season. There's still loads to play for and it shows we're not this all conquering, Brazilesque team. We have vulnerabilities and they need to learn from it, put it behind them and crack on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here