Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Without doubt the worst performance for a very long time.
Why is it that Dyche teams always seem to do well against us?
They we far better set up than us and their finishing was at another level compared to ours. So predictable.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Oh well, let's get over it.

Everton deserved the win on their first half performance but RDZ's team selection played a massive part in that.

Second half we looked better but were definitely top heavy as we were chasing the game, so were alway liable to concede.

If we want make Europe next year we need a slightly bigger squad to call upon though thats for sure, at least we've made two signings already.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Bad day - Dyche's tactics spot on and Evertons finishing was top class. RDZ needed to recognise it and change it earlier - but he's got plenty in the bank.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Determined not to over-react as we inch towards the end of a terrific season. But that was a very poor performance, no question.

Poor defending pretty much throughout, we constantly give the ball away in midfield and immediately were under pressure. And repeat. And repeat. Mitoma very lucky not to be hooked at HT, as was Lewis and Steele to be honest. You could probably have legitimately subbed 8 or 9 if the rules permitted.

I did not see that one coming. Full credit to the Ginger Dalek - once more he has done a number on us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
De Zerbi ball was always going to come unstuck one day. Question is will this drain the confidence we were so full of before being dismantled tonight? Arsenal does not seem the ideal place to go after that drubbing, and it was a drubbing, but hey this is Brighton, anything is possible

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Whilst it's fine to criticise and have a pop in frustration at the result, I think you just need to switch it all off and go for a walk. It's an aberration of a result in a fantastic season. There's still loads to play for and it shows we're not this all conquering, Brazilesque team. We have vulnerabilities and they need to learn from it, put it behind them and crack on.
If any player is in the bench they should be fit enough to start. Not sure I need a walk but thanks for your patronising post! Not saying it hasn’t been a great season or we don’t have a lot to play for.

boik

I think getting up for the big games is leaving us vulnerable for games 2-3 days afterwards. Everton last played a week ago. Squad definitely needs strengthening, but some of that will happen naturally with the youngsters gaining experience.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
De Zerbi ball was always going to come unstuck one day. Question is will this drain the confidence we were so full of before being dismantled tonight? Arsenal does not seem the ideal place to go after that drubbing, and it was a drubbing, but hey this is Brighton, anything is possible
I think we will struggle through our remaining fixtures.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Yes, some grips need to be sought out by some.

We’re still well in the driving seat for a top 6 finish.
This.

We won't play this badly again for the remainder of this season.

The professional pride that the Albion boys have got plus a few choice words in Italian will see to that.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Embarrassing.
This and more. They hit us on the break with pace and we couldn't compete. Every time they broke they had at least 3 or 4 players running into our pen area. Need to win at arsenal now, a big ask but not impossible. Get plenty of rest lads and go again next week.:(

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
This was a must win game, against a team fighting relegation, all of these games are if we want Europe.

And my point of bringing Solly on at half time to chase a 3-0 drubbing, you would assume he is match fit............ therefore he should had started on that premise being that he was rested midweek too.

As it turned out, he pulled a hamstring, so he wasn't fit............ therefore he shouldn't had been bought on to try get us out sh!t when we are already 3-0 down. It was a pointless risk, the game was over.
Can a fit player not pull a hamstring then?

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Only thing RDZ got right today was making the 4 subs at half time.dropping Gilmour was madness. Mac, Pervy and Mitoma were tired. Welbeck and Undav beyond shite. Team Passing wayward. Webster and Dunk had stinkers.No proper RB coming home to bite us finally. Oh and Solly out probably for the season. Since the penalty miss though his heads gone

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think we will struggle through our remaining fixtures.

I don't think we will, that was a baptism of fire for RDZ against the Dyche, who was probably targeting this game.

Fair play to him.

I went for a quick pint before the game, not at all confident at all. Didn't quite expect it to go like that, but knew it would he hard.

At our level playing sexy football, we are always going to get undone every now and then against a manager like Dyche.

Doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here