Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Night everyone. Now off to watch The Shield on Amazon Prime.

I detest this Everton team of ugly ****ers and pathetic divers, so I’m happy we screwed their Euro hopes, whilst Fulham/WBA will be gutted that we didn’t get steam-rolled.

Dunk Imperious, Sanchez sound and Bissouma the boss.

The rest .... Lallana was creative for 60 minutes, but the rest were quite haphazard, with a lack of composure in the final third imho.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Slightly disappointing. With the players Everton had out, the three points were there for the taking.

Got to learn how to change things up a bit during a game, that result was so predictable as the game wore on. We’ve seen that game so many times this season, it is Groundhog Day. Not going to move on until we learn how to win matches like that.

I think Potter was very happy with a point...hence not changing anything until very late, and two relatively defensive substitutions. Where we are now, it's all about eeking out 3 or 4 more points. No need to go for broke.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I can't see why you'd bring on Jahanbakhsh ahead of Mac Allister.

Or for anyone else that was on the bench, Mac, Iz, Zequri.

Assuming we stay up, we really do need an upgrade on Maupay. Fine as a backup striker to come off the bench, cup game striker etc. but we need better if we want to look upwards,

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In my mind I can make a case for just about every conceivable scoreline except 0-0.

No prizes for guessing where I think the smart money should go!

Nailed it.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
4 years in the best league in world players on 50k a week and we not no one that can take a set piece , powder puff ,and as for Maupay well he is embarrassing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Everton were punching for a Champions League place a few months ago and have players like Jamie & Richarlison who we could never afford. They set-up like most teams do at the Amex hoping to score their one shot on target. They didn’t and we leapfrog Burnley.

Good point and another nudge to the recruitment team for a natural finisher.

Lallana & Maupay were the culprits tonight in terms of kicking the ball high, over or wide.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php

Dominant team - tick
Against 8th in league pushing for Chanps league etc - tick
4th in away table with games in hand - tick
Lallana bossing it - tick
Bissouma bossing it - tick
Solid at back - tick

Comms reminding people Ben White played in all games in Leeds promotion season - tick

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Goodness me that was one of the dullest games I’ve ever watched.

I’ll have forgotten all about it within a week.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Felt the pace of passing was a little slow and too safe, but a decent point and climb above Burnley so not a bad night.

A point was always enough tonight, though; can understand why we were a little safe against their counters. 1 point further ahead of Fulham after 1 more round of games. All good.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What are the subs all about? Is Izzy just here to warm a seat! Another strange sub from GP!

If Izzy was ever going to make a comeback this season, he’d have been brought on when we were 3-0 against Newcastle. It doesn’t look like we’ll ever see him in the stripes again, which is a real shame as he was such an exciting player in 17/18.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ll take that, always turn off after the final whistle as tonight will be Everton TV from the pundits. Pisses me off so much

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
A little bit annoyed we didn't take all 3 points tonight. Some loose passing and finishing cost us there. Decent performance though, immense in midfield, solid at the back, Welbeck looked good again up front, feel like Maupay was the weakest link. Should've been subbed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here