Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton ***OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD***

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
good showing from our boys against a bigger stronger side. Very Impressed by Dunk, barker,Wilkins & redwood. Caskey was ok in patches but faded as the game went on.

It was nice to see Deano again

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dunk reminded me of Elphick. Who is Redwood? Was he the no. 7? Looked very good.

I felt sorry for the right back. Not entirely convinced it hit his hand, but then I guess the players and referee were better placed. Was that the infamous Jamie Strong?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There was a tiny chap at left back with fair hair. I thought he had his moments and had quite a nice touch on him. Some of his set pieces were a bit dodgy, but more success than failure. Quite quick?

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
ANy idea what the pen was for? I'm right in line with it and saw nothing.

Strong handled on the line.

Strong wasn't on the line. I was right in line with the shot. The striker held his head in his hands as it went over the bar as he knew he'd missed. The Everton players were signalling to the ref that they thought it hit Strong's arm and deflected over the bar. The ref bought it. :( They learn early in the Premiership.

D

Deleted User X18H

Everton no 2 was shit hot as was the No 10.

Albion 8 was good as was the 9 I sat next but one to Neil Smillie. My mate I was with was joined in the second half by Derek Chapman!!!????

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
How was the pitch? How has it coped?

Benje0123

Oct 11, 2009
Strong wasn't on the line. I was right in line with the shot. The striker held his head in his hands as it went over the bar as he knew he'd missed. The Everton players were signalling to the ref that they thought it hit Strong's arm and deflected over the bar. The ref bought it. :( They learn early in the Premiership.

Indeed a absolute shocker from the Ref, as will be shown on Seagulls player!

The Everton striker said, That's a touch we got a penalty out of that!

Great effort from the lads however the best team won, but Albion had there chances and didnt capitalise on them, Everton's defenders were massive.

Anyone else who went to the match, how good was Mitch in goal for albion? he done himself wonders tonight.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone else who went to the match, how good was Mitch in goal for albion? he done himself wonders tonight.

Blimey do you think so? He's a good shot-stopper but he didn't command his area and his kicking was abysmal. Still, he's young and he's learning and at least he knows the areas he's got to work at.

BoF: Good to meet you last night! And thanks for the programme!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Blimey do you think so? He's a good shot-stopper but he didn't command his area and his kicking was abysmal. Still, he's young and he's learning and at least he knows the areas he's got to work at.

Agreed. Some very good saves, but a pretty shambolic f***-up leading to the shot which the defender brilliantly dived to head off the line.

Bit of a f*** up for their second goal as well. Either the defender or the keeper should have dealt with it. They left it for each other, and the forward came in at the far post to bury it.

Of that lot that played last night, if you take the Youth squad of 2005 (or whenever it was), I can only see one or two players making it much further. I though Dunk (aka Elphick-Lite) was very composed, and Connor Wilkins looked quite busy.

Tricky001

Aug 28, 2009
I thought the team showed Everton too much respect in the first 20 -25 minutes. Once settled, they did well against a much stronger and physical side. The Everton player that went in studs first on the keeper should at the very least rec'd a yellow, if not a straight red, and therefore down to 10 men. Maybe the result would have been different.

In the second half the penalty descision was a disgrace. The Everton shouted for it and got it, although it was clear that he did not handle the ball.

I agree that Mitchell was not on his best form, as he should have come for a couple of crosses, but didn't. But don't be too harsh on him, as this was the first game he has played since his broken wrist, has only played a full game since September. So not match fit or aware. However, he made 3 very decent saves. But these are always forgotton being a goalkeeper!!!

The score did not represent the game, and overall, I was diappointed with Everton, as I thought they would be much better than that.

Good effot boys.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I thought the team showed Everton too much respect in the first 20 -25 minutes. Once settled, they did well against a much stronger and physical side. The Everton player that went in studs first on the keeper should at the very least rec'd a yellow, if not a straight red, and therefore down to 10 men. Maybe the result would have been different.

In the second half the penalty descision was a disgrace. The Everton shouted for it and got it, although it was clear that he did not handle the ball.

I agree that Mitchell was not on his best form, as he should have come for a couple of crosses, but didn't. But don't be too harsh on him, as this was the first game he has played since his broken wrist, has only played a full game since September. So not match fit or aware. However, he made 3 very decent saves. But these are always forgotton being a goalkeeper!!!

The score did not represent the game, and overall, I was diappointed with Everton, as I thought they would be much better than that.

Good effot boys.
I disagree with you in one respect in that I think the score DID represent the game, Everton were the better side and created more chances. However I think the reason you might have been disappointed with them is because our boys were no mugs and thus didn't allow Everton to treat it as a training exercise.

I take your point about the keeper, and he DID make some good saves. I tried to be objective because I HATE it when some cretin comes on here and just says one of our young players is 'shit' just because they're not a complete player at 18 or 19.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
In terms of the game, maybe Everton were a stronger outfit, but playing a quite predictable game without any real imagination, including some aimless long balls.

At times Brighton looked comfortable and later in the 1st half there was some bright play that Everton could not replicate.

My disappointment was that I would of expected some greater invention from a Premier League outfit maybe even showing an obvious difference in individual talent, not sure there was.

Their number 7 Baxter and their strong number 10 maybe showing glimpses of class, but not too much above them.

Brighton played well with the midfield and Barker causing some problems with Dunk the pick of the bunch for me.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
My pleasure Mr Brovian. Thank you so much for the ticket and t'was good to meet you and part of your clan.

One thing is for sure is that not one of our strike force are even remotely ready to have a crack at league football. They just aren't physically ready and I don't think any of the three that appeared won a single aerial ball.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I thought the Evertone right-back and taller centre-back were both class. It did seem a bit like Men V Boys at most points though

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Can't quite believe that people who criticise me for being hard on players have come on here and written off youth team players after watching them for probably the first time in their life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here