Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Well... time for my summary.

We were excellent tonight. By far the better team. Toothlessness in the final third let us down... again.

Palace weren't lucky. They had a game plan. And it worked. Men behind the ball with the hope to break us on the counter.

We deserved to win, of course. We dominated. We are a striker away from being a great team... but oh how important a goal scoring striker is.

Here’s my summary, we played well they didn’t but scores two goals, we scored 1, well played Brighton.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Unlike a few I didn’t get carried away after a fluke win at Anfield, we are very capable of not winning for the next ten games. I feel I’m in a time loop watching us play we do the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
FFS I'm not going to pin that on White.

He hoofed it badly, but there's plenty of opportunity to prevent the opportunity from that point to the cross coming in.
Abject defending.

Lallana's 3 misses were worse by my reckoning.

Today was about bad luck and shit finishing.

Where was the bad luck?
To me..it was just a whole game of ineffective offensive play Same old. Same old.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It'd be worth having a ban on new posts an hour after games,
Do we really need people slagging off White or happy clapping the side after a loss like that?
Won't this thread do?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I'm finding this hard to believe. We were shot at the end from the tempo in the first 25 minutes of the second half but that was poor defending.
Cahill was immense for them, the block on the Ali J shot when teed up by Welbeck and many other chances for us.
What will now define our season is how we respond to this. If we don't beat West Brom I really fear for us. I really hope the players are desperately hurting and determined to put this right.
Some of the other responses on this thread are born out of intense frustration and anger. I feel the same, but hopefully the players can channel the huge injustice to finish the season in a strong manner.

Best player on the pitch by MILES. I wonder if he can play DM if we sell Biss.

Veltman looking like bargain of the decade. been more that a replacement for lamptey - brings something different to the team

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
The criticism of Ben White is ridiculous. Yes he made a mistake but he has been great all season. We are not in a relegation fight because of him. There are plenty of others that have been poor for most of the season and Im including the manager in that as well.

My criticism of his hoof is nothing to do with the season. I’m just talking about a moment in a game.

I think he has been great this season and I still have the right to be incredulous at what he did at such a critical moment in the game.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
There are shades of Poyet in Potter. A little bit too dogmatic about style over substance. The evidence is pretty overwhelming that our approach doesn't work against almost all teams at home (and many away) but because we play football "the right way" we are led to believe that anyone who questions the method doesn't understand football. Potter has to change something fundamental in his approach.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
What a difference a loss makes. I feel gutted, demoralised, frustrated and angry. And to think how much I was looking forward to that game.....! Roll on Saturday!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cahill's block on AJ's shot. The pinball in the second half not falling our way. Mateta's goal going through two sets of legs.

Impossible to put into words how I feel. Completely mugged by Palace yet again. I actually expect it now :down:

I imagine Allardyce will do it again on Saturday

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Still, doesn’t matter that we’ve just become about the only team ever to lose to a Zaha-less Palace and we’re right in the relegation shit because I’ve heard the football world owe us an apology.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I love Lamptey or Veltman, with Mac Allister, great interplay, so creative.

Whilst on the left flank, without Solly, we’re shit at defence and atteck.

I’m praying that Ashworth, Winstanley and Porter have recruitment plans for our left this summer. Burn has blinders, but so many other games where he’s successfully targeted as a weak link.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here