Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Anyone who says we don’t deserve to be losing is kidding themselves.
We are the kings of possession but only in areas where it is meaningless.
We look out of ideas going forward and lack skill in front of goal if it does get that far.
One long, naive, arrogant, car crash of a season.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
The players are just not good enough. It really is that simple.

Certainly not good enough to play this expansively. For all of Hughton's critics I think he realised our squad was limited and so played to their strengths, we haven't added to it adequately enough up to this point to be able to execute "Potterball" as evidenced today. Does he stick or twist?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
None of which were good enough strikers. Well, Andone might have been if he hadn't failed the dickhead test with flying colours, but Knocky found out at PL level and past his best, Locadia ........... :facepalm:.

Good enough [emoji23]well on this showing neither are the others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Got to say it. Mooy again looks wooden and not even half the player he was before signing him.

FannieMac

Jan 4, 2014
Really difficult to blame Potter for this. His set-up and way of playing has created loads of chances. If the players don't take them, it's hard to blame the manager.

Our players aren't good enough to play his way, and he has absolutely no other way of managing the team.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Certainly not good enough to play this expansively. For all of Hughton's critics I think he realised our squad was limited and so played to their strengths, we haven't added to it adequately enough up to this point to be able to execute "Potterball" as evidenced today. Does he stick or twist?

Of which he admitted after every match, which pissed us all off including, ultimately, Tony Bloom.
Seems now he had a point.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
None of which were good enough strikers. Well, Andone might have been if he hadn't failed the dickhead test with flying colours, but Knocky found out at PL level and past his best, Locadia ........... :facepalm:.

I understand what you mean, but did Andone fail the 'no dickheads' test any more than Duffy? Dunk? Moey? the red mist descends on most players at some point - it's at least possible that Potter could have tried harder with Andone

What’s this stupid dickhead test? All teams have them but strong managers manage them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here