Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hide behind or just plain talking it?

Whats the plain talking?

The fact we are pleasing on the eye but offer nothing every sodding game.

If Maupay was half as quick to shoot as he is to have an argument we might win.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know what I think.

Turn off NSC while all these girls go batshit after only 8 games.:lolol:

Think I will. Avoided it after West Brom for a week - and at least in that game we played poorly for a half :facepalm:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Around this time last season Southampton list 0-9 at home to Leicester. Did they sack Ralph Rabbit hutch? No.

If they win tonight I believe they go top.

Hassenhuttl (sp?) had probably won more than 4 games in 24 or whatever it is.
I’m not advocating for Potter to be sacked, but the two situations are quite different.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
"You’ve got to score. That was the only thing missing from our performance. We restricted Burnley to pretty much nothing. We had chances.

"Performance-wise, I’m really happy. We’re always looking to improve. It’s disappointing to only get one point.

"The fact Danny Welbeck gets in there [to have chances] is really positive. It was a really good impact and good performance. He’ll get better and better the longer he’s with us.

"“The team gave everything. We were playing a dangerous opponent but we had a good control of things. We tried our best to score.

"“Possession itself is not that important, it’s what you do with it. You’re not going to get too many chances at this level. We had enough to score."

Interesting from Potter after recent comments.
Finishing training on Monday hopefully!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Forget the shit some want to hide behind:

We're toothless
We have a poor keeper, who kicks a football like an under 13 and wastes time when we need to hurry up
We play exhibition football
We have very poor coaches that manage to take attacking situations and end up as being defensive
Our corners are ****
We have a manager that thinks Gross is good enough to make a difference
We have no fight far too sodding nice

We had what looked like a very good keeper in net last week who deserved to keep his place imo :shrug:

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Nah, you make your own luck. Us being down the bottom is nothing to do with luck.

Some of its luck which seems to like us as much as I like that bell Zaha.

But we are a good enough team to win games like that without any lucky breaks. So frustrating as we are letting points slip away game after game when they are there on a plate for us. Its like this season is a bad dream and couldn't actually happen in real life.

Things better change quickly or we are going to stop even playing well and let these games that got away get to us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's very annoying, frustrating, but some of our play I genuinely though was excellent. Some of the flicks and neat balls in Gross and Lallana played were a joy, BUT, not joy enough they bulged the onion bag.

On another night they will. One thing I’ll give that hideous Burnley side credit for is they know how to defend doggedly. The centre halves were good. Threw themselves in front of everything.

Interesting that handball wasn’t given on review (the second one) given the amount we’ve seen this season, but glad there were no major talking points and VAR shite like many of our games.

I’m disappointed but at least we didn’t lose and at least we played some nice stuff again and dominated the game.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I like Potter and I guess it will come good at some point but jeez, what is this continued persistence in Burn and this new and continuous belief in Gross? If I was Alzate and Macallister I'd be rightly hacked off not to be starting and livid not to be given the nod from the bench. To give Ali J just 10 minutes in a game where we were plainly struggling is utterly bizarre.
Absolutely no surprise to hear ru ours of discontent in the dressing room.
Needs sorting and fast.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
who was subsequently unemployed for 15 months whilst holding out for a Premier League job that never came along. He subsequently took a role with a team in the relegation zone in the Championship. I wonder why?

Well at least we could defend and the results are not much difference play well no points play boring no points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
1 win in 13 at home. 4 wins in 24.
Think Potter is getting off lightly, that sort of record deserves questions no matter how pleasing on the eye the team is. He has to do better and soon.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Gross and Lallana are so bloody slow we can't play with both of them. Would happily swap Alzate for either.

We were inept up front as usual, but imho Lallana was a class act yet again. Creative and without fail forward thinking in his instinctive passing.

Must be painful when he lays on a nicely weighted pass for Burn or others to run onto, only to see a blunderer get it all wrong.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
So let’s get this straight.

You would bin the manager who kept us UP last season. And swap him for a manager who took one of the 3 teams DOWN last season.

What a ridiculous idea. Thank goodness the club have more sense then that.

Thank goodness you are there to help me see sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
On another night they will. One thing I’ll give that hideous Burnley side credit for is they know how to defend doggedly. The centre halves were good. Threw themselves in front of everything.

Interesting that handball wasn’t given on review (the second one) given the amount we’ve seen this season, but glad there were no major talking points and VAR shite like many of our games.

I’m disappointed but at least we didn’t lose and at least we played some nice stuff again and dominated the game.

On another night

On another night

On another night

Ad infinitum

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Flattered to deceive lots and lots and lots of possession trying to walk the ball into the net, when we break we don't flood players into the box, Burnley were pretty poor from the small amount of possession they had, Pope had no difficult saves to make but heather did we give him any to make.
The positives and there were a few Lalarna some fantastic touches, Maupay good to see him back and worked well with Lalarna but with no end result and that is our problem

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

D

Deleted member 2719

I hope you’re right, but at the moment I don’t see what will change. And that’s not me being negative, I’m just saying how I see it.

I get it's a Friday night a few :drink::drink::drink::drink: have been had. People think it's only Burnley, but Burnley have been a difficult side to beat for year's under Dyche.

We will all look at the league tomorrow see how tight a side we are and we have a great mix of youth and experience up top now, which will click and score goals.

I am off out of here now as no point in chewing the fat this early in the season IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here