Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My mistake I'm sure I saw Poke not making a save all game, must watch a different stream.

It's pretty obvious Piltdown from your posts you don't really watch the game, otherwise you would have picked up his excellent save against Welbeck first half. Then again, since when did football determine that keeper not making lots of saves cancels out everything else that happens in the game?

I need to relax and realise not all people enjoy football for football's sake. They're only here for the win, if that doesn't come, it's all shit. I can't relate, but I understand that is what can happen.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
It's pretty obvious Piltdown from your posts you don't really watch the game, otherwise you would have picked up his excellent save against Welbeck first half. Then again, since when did football determine that keeper not making lots of saves cancels out everything else that happens in the game?

I need to relax and realise not all people enjoy football for football's sake. They're only here for the win, if that doesn't come, it's all shit. I can't relate, but I understand that is what can happen.

Just stick him on ignore. Did it years ago.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
What exactly do you expect with a bottom three budget?

We don't have a bottom 3 budget, and don't Sheffield United and Leeds have well over half our budget?
Potter's remit is to work within the budget and I can't imagine Bloom wanting anything less than considerable improvement.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Could you explain how 4/5 wins in 25 games is helping ?
Spitting rage ? Or just pointing out the obvious ?
Well it seems half the support are classed as lickers or bedwetters ?
Which are you on yet another typical potter performance and where do you see another 35 points comming from if you can’t beat two teams in bottom three?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're all frustrated with the results. Lashing out at other supporters changes nothing, except perhaps your blood pressure. I've refused to accept that my mood be dictated by things outside of my control, poured myself a brandy and intend to enjoy a lockdown weekend as much as is possible. For the good of your health, try doing something similar.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Exactly, so we’re punching above our weight. It all comes down to realistic goals. Stay up, hope to build.

We having to shop in the bargain basement because unless we’re certain, we can’t afford to risk another Locadia.

I can see why Bloom would be reluctant to spend big after Locadia, Andone and Ali J. I can’t help thinking the strategy is to buy cheaper unproven youngsters and develop them Potter style. It comes with a certain amount of risk however

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
So you agree that Bloom should take more blame for not investing more this transfer window ?

Yeah absolutely. The guy that financed the ground and bankrolled us to where we are today, spent £70m on Maupay, Izquierdo, Locadia and Jahanbakhsh should definitely take the blame. The guy has no ambition :rolleyes:

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
We're all frustrated with the results. Lashing out at other supporters changes nothing, except perhaps your blood pressure. I've refused to accept that my mood be dictated by things outside of my control, poured myself a brandy and intend to enjoy a lockdown weekend as much as is possible. For the good of your health, try doing something similar.

Believe me I will also but no difference than the usual mob defending that . Off for another beer enjoy your weekend

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Fine, however having watched us for 45+ years I think I’m qualified,to comment. This year we have played pretty football and have looked to be in every game, yet again we lack the tactical ability to beat teams. Our corners, our free kicks are shocking. We appear to deliberately miss our a big men as a decoy, what the hell is that about. Our goalkeeper is so poor at dominating his area we look so much under pressure at free kicks and corners it’s worrying. Yet nothing changes.

I did watch the game and yes we hardly needed an opposition keeper.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
So you agree that Bloom should take more blame for not investing more this transfer window ?

I think it's fairly obvious that Bloom sees this is an all encompassing project. He isn't merely funding the team, he's also bought a stadium, training ground, bought loads of youngsters, hired the best suits money can buy etc.
It's his decision to not spend more on the first team squad, and I really believe he has done that because he believes Potter is the best coach in the country, and someone who can outperform on a smaller budget. I guess the question is, has he backed the right horse.

Going back to this budget stuff, it really doesn't mean that much. Try telling Bielsa or Wilder they have an excuse for failure because of their tiny budgets...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
I like Potter and I guess it will come good at some point but jeez, what is this continued persistence in Burn and this new and continuous belief in Gross? If I was Alzate and Macallister I'd be rightly hacked off not to be starting and livid not to be given the nod from the bench. To give Ali J just 10 minutes in a game where we were plainly struggling is utterly bizarre.
Absolutely no surprise to hear ru ours of discontent in the dressing room.
Needs sorting and fast.

It is a bit strange Mac Allister did not come on for a good 15 min .I would rather see him instead of Gross ,and Burn keeps passing back inside which is slowing our build up play .He is not a wing back although he works hard but he can`t put a decent cross in .If Alzate could play RB he could play LWB .It seems GP does not trust or believe in these players .

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I can see why Bloom would be reluctant to spend big after Locadia, Andone and Ali J. I can’t help thinking the strategy is to buy cheaper unproven youngsters and develop them Potter style. It comes with a certain amount of risk however.

Yes, if we could move on those three in January for what we paid for them, that would be good business - and yes, I know that some on here reckon Jahanbakhsh is the bee's knees - but he ain't £13M's worth of bee's knees!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here