Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Yeah absolutely. The guy that financed the ground and bankrolled us to where we are today, spent £70m on Maupay, Izquierdo, Locadia and Jahanbakhsh should definitely take the blame. The guy has no ambition :rolleyes:

Locadia turned out well
Maupay still not convinced
Izzy injured for year
Aj is the one that’s baffling plays well gets dropped.
But yes like it or not you can’t stand still in this league you have to keep reinvesting if that means sell a couple of assets then so be it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Locadia turned out well
Maupay still not convinced
Izzy injured for year
Aj is the one that’s baffling plays well gets dropped.
But yes like it or not you can’t stand still in this league you have to keep reinvesting if that means sell a couple of assets then so be it

Locadia turned out well? Really? The point is he’s thrown £70m at just those four. Add in Andone, MacAllister, Zeqiri etc and you’re pushing £90m. His pockets are only so deep.

Great, let’s sell. Who are you selling for what price and how would you replace them and strengthen up front with the money you make?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I think it's fairly obvious that Bloom sees this is an all encompassing project. He isn't merely funding the team, he's also bought a stadium, training ground, bought loads of youngsters, hired the best suits money can buy etc.
It's his decision to not spend more on the first team squad, and I really believe he has done that because he believes Potter is the best coach in the country, and someone who can outperform on a smaller budget. I guess the question is, has he backed the right horse.

Going back to this budget stuff, it really doesn't mean that much. Try telling Bielsa or Wilder they have an excuse for failure because of their tiny budgets...

4/5 wins in 25 games is worrying and not good enough
Based on his win loss stats I’m not convinced yet
Bielsa not going to fail far better coach than potter

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Fine, however having watched us for 45+ years I think I’m qualified,to comment. This year we have played pretty football and have looked to be in every game, yet again we lack the tactical ability to beat teams. Our corners, our free kicks are shocking. We appear to deliberately miss our a big men as a decoy, what the hell is that about. Our goalkeeper is so poor at dominating his area we look so much under pressure at free kicks and corners it’s worrying. Yet nothing changes.

I did watch the game and yes we hardly needed an opposition keeper.

You are certainly qualified (freedom of speech) but you watching for 45 years got nothing to do with it. I've been watching movies for 30 years, yet I'm no Clint Eastwood.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You are certainly qualified (freedom of speech) but you watching for 45 years got nothing to do with it. I've been watching movies for 30 years, yet I'm no Clint Eastwood.

Think you’re confused. Watching the amount of football I have is some qualification to comment on football, watching films isn’t a qualification to be an actor.

You have a Trump mentality

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Locadia turned out well? Really? The point is he’s thrown £70m at just those four. Add in Andone, MacAllister, Zeqiri etc and you’re pushing £90m. His pockets are only so deep.

Great, let’s sell. Who are you selling for what price and how would you replace them and strengthen up front with the money you make?

Ok so let’s keep playing pretty tippy tappy footy and hope we survive our 4th season

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think you’re confused. Watching the amount of football I have is some qualification to comment on football, watching films isn’t a qualification to be an actor.

You have a Trump mentality

Lets rephrase it then: I've been watching films and yet I'm no Roger Ebert. Observing stuff gives you limited knowledge. Participating is what people learn from. Did you ever coach football at any level?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Lets rephrase it then: I've been watching films and yet I'm no Roger Ebert. Observing stuff gives you limited knowledge. Participating is what people learn from. Did you ever coach football at any level?

Er yes thanks. Played a reasonably good level and coached for years, specifically goalkeepers, adults and children.

Anyway having qualifications is one thing but being an avid football fan for many years many people can have a valid opinion. Having a blind love of a person shouldn’t be an excuse of not seeing their faults. Potters has many. I like our general play but swapping formation every 5 minutes isn’t conducive to a settled team same as keep swapping players. Changing keepers today, why? And our set plays, bloody awful, just awful.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Hassenhuttl (sp?) had probably won more than 4 games in 24 or whatever it is.
I’m not advocating for Potter to be sacked, but the two situations are quite different.

I was merely pointing out that Saints didn't sack him when there was pressure to.

And anyway as far as I can see his name is a mistranslation. Hase is a hare, so it should be hare hutch.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
If funds are the issue then whoever the club see fit to find the money personally I get rid of gross March and Burn

Okay, March and Burn. You’d get £20m tops for those two. You’d have no left back bar Bernardo so you’d have to sign one. The going rate is at least £10m and that’s scrimping. You’d have the remainder left for your striker. So who would be your striker solution for £10m?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here