Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Seriously frustrating. Loads of good things - especially as Welbeck is not yet up to speed. But how long has literally everyone been saying we need to be sharper and more direct around the box? Wanting 2 or 3 touches just won’t work in the Premier League unless you’re Man City. We’re very close to being a decent team. And equally close to being an increasingly dispirited “nice to watch but ineffective” relegation candidate. I like what Potter’s trying to do and has done - maybe he just needs better tools for the job.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Played some very good football tonight. One or two outstanding performances.

Not sure at the problem is with these wins though. It's not like they don't create chances.

Welbeck starting his first game for us, wants to make a good impression, probably overthought things.
Maupay nervous after being dropped, should've made more of an effort to repay his selection.
IMO Connolly and AJ could've come on earlier.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Are the performances justifying keeping Potter?

Around this time last season Southampton list 0-9 at home to Leicester. Did they sack Ralph Rabbit hutch? No.

If they win tonight I believe they go top.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It's now got to the stage where the only Brighton players I enjoy watching are Lamptey and Lallana. The rest are woefully short of what is required at this level.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I know everyone will talk about the pretty football meme but we were more direct tonight.

Nice, faster one touch football in final third.
Welbeck nice addition. Needs more match sharpness.

Lallana absolutely gdlk.
Lamptey quality and interesting role with some freedom it seems.
Biss taking direct free kicks is good.

Frustrating, obviously, but I am not disheartened.
The project is progressing.

Looking forward to all the Potter haters (with very short memories) coming out of the woodwork.

This is true. We’re a work in progress - like last season. The trick is staying in the division at the same time as building steadily. Not easy.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I don’t have a lot to be positive about! We play well for about 30 mins a game, don’t score and then run out of steam. Potter seems to have issues in the dressing room, hence Ryan, Maupay being dropped. He brings a keeper in that hasn’t been in the squad who does fine and then drops him from the squad totally putting the bloke he didn’t trust to play against Spuds back on the bench as a sub keeper. He plays Ben White out of position, doesn’t seem to like Alzate at the moment! No recognised forward against Spuds.
For all the fancy passing we never look like winning! He must have the worst home record of any manger in the top flight!
Stick with this fool and all the hard work to get up to the Prem will be wasted!

Creative Argentine international, on the bench. Creative Colombian international, on the bench. Creative Irish international, in the U23s. Irish international striker, on the bench. Creative Polish international, on loan at previous club etc etc.

We have a WEALTH of talent. It's being misused at the moment.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Excellent post. It’s frustrating as it’s been like this all season. I don’t think it’s a case of a new striker would have made much difference. Maupay, Welbs & Connolly are decent enough for our level - it just doesn’t seem to want to happen. But a decent performance again - anyone saying it wasn’t needs to learn football and looks at the difference between the 2 sides from intent to general football ability...

It's very annoying, frustrating, but some of our play I genuinely though was excellent. Some of the flicks and neat balls in Gross and Lallana played were a joy, BUT, not joy enough they bulged the onion bag.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Great football and enjoy watching but strikers are a complete joke.

Nelson or Zamora would be on 10+ goals plus this season with the clear chances we’ve created!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

I know it wasn’t great but those lamenting the tactics of the crossing so much need to recognise we came up against an extremely deep, compact defence which forces us into it. Combine that with two centre halves who played very well and frustratingly you have to give them credit for a defensive (albeit turgid) performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here