Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Just a few questions, any answers greatly appreciated?

1. Why is Alzate not playing at the moment?
Because Potter hasn't got a clue.
2. Why was the tactic tonight CLEARLY to get crosses in when we're playing two of the best heading defenders?
When our cruises are shit, which the commentators just mentioned, I have no idea.
3. Why wait until 82 minutes to make a change?
Because Potter doesn't have a clue.
4. What are our short corners all about?
Because we can't cross the ball.
5. What is going on in training that results in our inability to take chances?
Nothing, literally nothing going on in training by the looks of it.
6. When does playing 'well' but not getting points become a problem?
Already had.
7. Which three teams are worse than us?
Burnley, Fulham and WBA

I am not a Potter out but they need to change something surely. We can't keep saying it will come good.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I really feel for Potter. We should have won that game at a canter. I am not finger pointing at anyone, we just need some luck

Frustrating doesn’t cover it

Team Potter here all the way :bowdown:

In sport, IMO, you make your own luck.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
What is the point of Burnley?

The sooner they get relegated the better.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Played some very good football tonight. One or two outstanding performances.

Not sure at the problem is with these wins though. It's not like they don't create chances.

No we didn’t. Our football is passive, our corners bewildering, it’s shite

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Maupay just doesn’t think quick enough. Painfully slow decision making on turnovers.

This is what we deserve for not signing a decent striker/s.

Most of the time I’m hoping the ball will take a deflection off one of their defenders and roll in, about as incisive as we get currently.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Another game we’ve dominated. Another game we’ve looked a good side. Another game we’ve not been clinical. More points dropped. Don’t know what to think

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well played lads I enjoyed that. Shame we couldn’t finish one of the chances, otherwise excellent.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Not so concerned about points or relegation. More concerned that we started the season looking absolutely excellent but unlucky. We looked like we were moving in all the right directions, but somehow we're now reaching a stasis. My only concern with Potter is that I'm not sure he knows how to stop a slide. What stopped the run of poor results last time was lockdown - we won't have that benefit this time.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I really feel for Potter. We should have won that game at a canter. I am not finger pointing at anyone, we just need some luck

Frustrating doesn’t cover it

Team Potter here all the way :bowdown:

Clean sheet. Positive.
Welbeck 82mins. Positive.
Dominated the game, created chances. Positive.
Can't score. Negative.

It's just not quite coming together in the final third. Over playing it when we need a quick shot, underplaying it when we need a bit of composure. Just hasn't clicked up top.

Despite committing a lot of players forward, Burnley barely a sniff, and Ryan stood up to a really stern test under those crosses. We're a very good side just waiting to burst into life at some point.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Seriously, if we can't beat West Brom or Burnley, who are we going to get 3 points against?

I'm sick of our attacks fizzling out because our forwards spend too long on the ball on the edge of the opponent's penalty area, playing one touch or pass too many, instead of shooting. Every damn game.

I feel sorry for Lallana - he must be so frustrated with some of the players around him. He's in a different class.

Oh, and I bet Potter will trout out the usual corporate BS in his post-match interview about 'taking the positives'. I can't even be bothered to listen anymore.

D

Deleted member 2719

We look incapable of winning football matches. No subs till last 10 minutes when it was clear as day we weren’t going to score with what was on the pitch. Potter is taking us down.

The stats according to BBC Sussex, say that we are 2 points AHEAD against the same sides, so far.

Need to calm down way too early for panicking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here