Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Brentford *** Official Match Thread ***

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
What’s the Toney cheat thing about?

The boy clearly likes a gamble and broken the gambling rules but there’s no intimation that he’s cheated at all.
I know, but as he has confessed to 250 odd of the betting rules from his 300 odd charges, most people think he should be currently banned from playing. He will get a ban soon enough, but why does it take the authorities so long? Maybe not cheating, but certainly his behaviour is against the rules, so should he even be on the pitch today?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I meant emotional-roller-coaster-wise. No one could have stopped Toney's shot. But Steele's wasn't able to relish his assist for very long, did he?
Sorry, misread it. I thought you were being critical as I think a few posters are keen to blame Steele as soon as a goal goes in since he’s come into the side.

Gross seems a bit off it today.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
I know, but as he has confessed to 250 odd of the betting rules from his 300 odd charges, most people think he should be currently banned from playing. He will get a ban soon enough, but why does it take the authorities so long? Maybe not cheating, but certainly his behaviour is against the rules, so should he even be on the pitch today?
They'll wait till the summer so he serves the lengthy ban (to show how serious the FA consider it) during the summer so he misses barely any football. It's a sham and a joke. They clearly have enough to ban him already, and I highly doubt they'll ban him during the run in, so the summer looks nailed on.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
They'll wait till the summer so he serves the lengthy ban (to show how serious the FA consider it) during the summer so he misses barely any football. It's a sham and a joke. They clearly have enough to ban him already, and I highly doubt they'll ban him during the run in, so the summer looks nailed on.
No, they're following the law. If they ban him now, they have to disregard the bets he has not pled guilty to. Or do the proper thing, wait and investigate and see if he gets an even longer ban.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Sorry, misread it. I thought you were being critical as I think a few posters are keen to blame Steele as soon as a goal goes in since he’s come into the side.

Gross seems a bit off it today.
No one ought ever be critical of a rookie keeper with only a few top-flight matches under his belt.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Should be 4-0 probably. They've touched the ball twice and scored twice. Must've been getting on for 80% posession that. Only ourselves to blame if we don't win this.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Should be 4-0 probably. They've touched the ball twice and scored twice. Must've been getting on for 80% posession that. Only ourselves to blame if we don't win this.
Yes - but that's how they play, and it's got them where they are. They are a good side at what they do.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Played really well except the 2nd Brentford goal brainfart. First Brentford goal was well taken but we've been all over them. Really hope we win but Brentford are scary on the counter

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Well that was a thoroughly entertaining first half.

We have been by FAR the better side. The better footballing side. We should be winning really.

Brentfords first goal was absolutely typical of them - nice cross into the danger zone then a big oaf nuts it in. Their second was nicely finished following a lapse of concentration from us - very disappointing that one.

Mitoma's goal - WOW. Difficult to know what was better, the assist from Steele or the finish from Mitoma. Outstanding goal.

This game really could go either way - Brentford doing what Brentford do best - they could nick it despite us being better than them. We have been brilliant though. Keep this up and we should win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here