Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

When we going through that bad run, I was much more disappointed in the soft goals we were conceding rather than our inability to consistently open up good Prem defences. Potter has certainly fixed the former for now so I am content as things stand
- he has the breathing space to work on the latter. I don’t buy into the sledging of Maupay at all, he’s our best striker, not knocking Welbeck who with less outings I don’t think has done better

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
People can criticise the finishing, perhaps with some justification, but their keeper was and is class - and the FOOTBALL is remarkable. 1 goal conceded against Liverpool / Spurs / Villa amongst other big tests - in six games! I’m sorry, I’m not gonna put up with negativity tonight - we should be bloody proud lads and lasses!!!!
This. Well said.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Brilliant performance. We are seriously good.

Whilst I understand that spending money does not guarantee a player will succeed, we need to invest all of our summer budget in the best striker we can find and realistically sign. We could be a top 4 side. I’m not kidding.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Said it before but we’re going to draw our way to safety this season. Great at denying the other team but not so great at scoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly but behind the lines is some very decent football......not the boring let's have everyone in teh box stuff.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The point is, our chairman will not pay out for natural proven goal scorers, so we are where we are..:albion2:
Glad our club is in safe hands and we are not gambling our future by throwing money we can't afford at a mercenary striker.

I'll hold my nerve here and be patient while the board and manager solve this problem. They've done alright with our club so far so I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Bloom is doing it his way and his way it's working.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Six unbeaten. That will do for me. We look like a different side now from a couple of months ago.

We’ve completely tightened up, are dominating midfield but our approach play is still too predictable and the cow’s arse is still unblemished by the pristine banjo. We are SO STERILE in front of goal. Martinez is a fine keeper but the only great save was from BDB. **** off XG

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Goals conceded this season Liverpool 32 Brighton 30

League winners are built from the back, the foundations are clearly in place to become an established top 10 team, given how we restricted a team with European qualification ambitions quiet tonight.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Possibly but behind the lines is some very decent football......not the boring let's have everyone in teh box stuff.

Indeed, never said the aim was for bore-draws. Just lacking that consistent goal-scoring quality.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Brilliant performance. We are seriously good.

Whilst I understand that spending money does not guarantee a player will succeed, we need to invest all of our summer budget in the best striker we can find and realistically sign. We could be a top 4 side. I’m not kidding.

Agree.

Veltman is outstanding and he’s not even playing in his preferred position.

But, we lack quality in the box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I wonder if Bloom is watching this and thinking that he really can justify splurging on a striker as it could very easily take the club to the next level.

You have to wonder, whether we’ll cash in on Bissouma or White and then reinvest that on a forward.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We’ve completely tightened up, are dominating midfield but our approach play is still too predictable and the cow’s arse is still unblemished by the pristine banjo. We are SO STERILE in front of goal. Martinez is a fine keeper but the only great save was from BDB. **** off XG

The Welbeck save was good as well - also the defelected save from Trossard in the second half.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
A point might be a disappointment tonight, but it's enough to mean that a home win against Palace next weekend (Monday actually) puts us above them.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

The Welbeck stop was very good. As was the tip over from Trossard.

(Edit: point already made above, but worth repeating)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here