Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion v Nottingham Forest *** Official Match Thread ***

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
player comes on to a song about the glory of jesus....... er...?

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Ankergren; Reyes, Greer, Dunk, Taricco; Bridcutt, Navarro, Noone; Barnes, Paynter, Mackail-Smith.

Subs: Brezovan (GK), El-Abd, Vincelot, LuaLua, Buckley.

Hoskins out with sore knee.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Ankergren; Reyes, Greer, Dunk, Taricco; Bridcutt, Navarro, Noone; Barnes, Paynter, Mackail-Smith.

Subs: Brezovan (GK), El-Abd, Vincelot, LuaLua, Buckley.

Hoskins out with sore knee.

Dissapointed with that if i'm honest. Hoskins looked far brighter than Barnes or Paynter have on Tuesday, Paynter and Barnes have offered next to nothing in the games i've seen and neither are wingers. Taricco walks straight back into the side following his stupid sending off, despite Vincelot having a great game on Tuesday, i'd be pissed off if i were him.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
No Vicente and no Hoskins..... again :rolleyes:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Dissapointed with that if i'm honest. Hoskins looked far brighter than Barnes or Paynter have on Tuesday, Paynter and Barnes have offered next to nothing in the games i've seen and neither are wingers. Taricco walks straight back into the side following his stupid sending off, despite Vincelot having a great game on Tuesday, i'd be pissed off if i were him.
Vincelot suffers from being good at several positions, makes him the perfect substitute. I'd agree that he is very unlucky not to have started though, but Taricco is still a class act.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Albion: (4-3-3) Ankergren; Reyes, Greer, Dunk, Taricco; Navarro, Noone, Bridcutt; Paynter, Mackail-Smith, Barnes. Subs: Brezovan (GK), El-Abd, Vincelot, LuaLua, Buckley.

Nottingham Forest: (4-4-2) Camp (GK); Cunningham, Chambers, Morgan, Gunter; Anderson, Greening, Moussi, Majewski; McCleary, Tudgay. Subs: Smith (GK), McGugan, McGoldrick, Blackstock, Moloney.

Former Albion defender Joel Lynch misses out with a groin injury...

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Vincelot suffers from being good at several positions, makes him the perfect substitute. I'd agree that he is very unlucky not to have started though, but Taricco is still a class act.

Agree with that. Perhaps Vince deserves to start (although still think his positioning at left back is weak) but if there are any injuries elsewhere half way through the game you want a fit substitute like Vince to come on. Possibly doomed to be a supersub due to his versatility.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Paynter and Barnes instead of Hoskins and Buckley - hmmmmmmmmm.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Disappointed with the personnel a little but not the attacking intent. Hope to see Buckley to soothe the pain of further Hoskins / Vicente absenteeism. Expect he'll come on for ten then go off with a 'minor tweak' and be out another ten weeks. grumble.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Paynter's inclusion is unfathomable to me, I was really looking forward to him proving the Leeds fans wrong, but for me he hasn't done enough. Gus is a very clever man, he knows the game inside out, but I just can't see it. Can anyone help me out?

(Cue Paynter winner :thumbsup: )

Marshal Josip Tito

Маршал н
Nov 29, 2011
Yugoslavia
Two wingers on the bench and we have a striker playing on the wing.

FFS this is a HOME game, we should be going for it. I'd have had Barnes partnering CMS, with Buckley starting on the left. If he tires, we've got Kaz to come on. If Barnes or CMS need replacing, we'd have Billy Barndoor on the bench.

As it stands we don't have the creativity in the middle to unlock a Forest defence who will be on the cautious side as it is.

Really disappointed with this, and I think we'll struggle to take all the points

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here