Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Brighton & Hove Albion v Lewes - QF Sussex Senior Cup - 30.03.11***

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
1-0 redwood ball dinked across the box by Barker (may have been Simmonds no 11) smashed into top of net from close range. 3rd minute.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
For those that do not realise... Brighton never play a 'home' game in the Senior Cup, they concede them all to the opposition. I believe this may well have a lot to do with the club knowing they are literally funding a county club for a season by playing their home games away. Also, you will find that even Div 1 county sides are charging anywhere from £5-£10 for just a league match nowadays. It's not just the price of surviving but also the share the County League will take off clubs. Please be grateful it is only £8 for a pro club reserve side and a Conf side... total value for money in this day and age in one of the quaintest stadiums anywhere in the country.

Score please?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I sometimes watch Bewdley Town in the West Midland League playing in a ground which very much equates (from my playing days) to Sussex County League standard. A fiver in and invariably great value. Highly recommend local football.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sussex FA will be absolutely on their knees praying for a BHA final!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here