Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Brighton & Hove Albion v Lewes - QF Sussex Senior Cup - 30.03.11***

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't really care about the Sussex Senior Cup this season. However, it would have been great if it had been Albion v Crawley in the final with both first teams taking part in front of 10,000.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I hope the match is played somewhere better than the YM as the pitch is awful at the moment. Crawley's ground would be better suited for both teams passing game I would think.

The pitch was a good leveller last night and the FA have it down at YMCA at present.

I apologise in advance for saying this but I thought you were still in Worthing. When I have tried to ask Frank out at the cricket the current state of play for your club, it has seemed to stressful for him to talk much about it.

So, whats new on the ground development and how is your squad playing this season, who should we be wary of.

hornet

Mar 9, 2005
Horsham
Haha, Frank is often not quite there!

No news on the ground, only had one season at Worthing with this season and last at the YM. Plans afoot for new ground near Hop Oast P&R but the last we heard was that we would have to wait until after the local elections - usual politice getting in the way!

As for the team itself we've been struggling most of the season at the wrong end of the table, unfortunately our budget has gone down a bit over the last few years. Gary Charman is still going strong and now close to 500 games for us and has recently been playing a blinder in defence despite being one of our most creative players. Apart from that there isn't a lot of flair or a potent threat up front. Our captain Ben Andrews is pretty strong in defence if he's fit or not getting sent off. Anthony Storey in midfield is our best bet at creating something.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Good game tonight, Lewes gave it a good go and were probably worthy of a draw. The announcer was on good form, in addition to the already mentioned announcements he also said Steve Cock was our number two, before eventually correcting himself once he's stopped laughing and blaming the paperwork in front of him...great little ground too. Hope the Horsham game may be played at Crawley, would guarantee quite a few Hornets for the game if its played there. last comment...if we do get through then might be an opportunity for Gary Hart to lead the first Albion team out at Falmer..would be a perfect start at the stadium.

Hart would have been released by then

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Hart would have been released by then

Something minor like that won't keep OGH down, it would be fab to see him lead them out to another final. Even better if we make it, would be to get Kerry away from his desk for a day to play - just to have that complete Goldstone-Gillingham-Withdean-Falmer link.

horam267

Feb 24, 2010
I agree it was a good game last night, well worth the money to sit with Gus 2 rows back from me. Thought Batti was pure crap last night, reacted very very badly to get lewes lad sent off, his first touch was awful and was probably the worst player on the pitch. Baz had a good game thou on a plus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here