Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion v. Hull City (Official Thread)

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
sullyupthewing said:
Does anyone else think like me, I really dont give a shit if Leon Knight parts company with us in January, he has not and never will deliver the goods.

Leon is an absolutely quality player. Unfortunately he suffers from an inferior team supporting him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rangdo said:
Leon is an absolutely quality player. Unfortunately he suffers from an inferior team supporting him.

Seems to have the same problem with every team he plays for, poor Leon

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I'd have Knight ahead of anyone at the club - but only if his attitude is right. If it isn't then he's a liability.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Jim D said:
I'd have Knight ahead of anyone at the club - but only if his attitude is right. If it isn't then he's a liability.

and there you have McGhee's quandry

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Icy Gull said:
Seems to have the same problem with every team he plays for, poor Leon

He's like any player, when the rest of the team is playing well he plays well. In our play-off season he was shit-hot because at the time he scored the majority of his goals we were in championship form. Since then we've been scraping around the bottom so obviously he isn't going to be scoring 20 goals a season.
If he doesn't get the support he isn't going to get in positions to score.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
However, he is not a shorter version of Bobby Z , skillwise . I wonder if the character of Eugene Rose in Dream Team is based upon Leon ?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Rangdo said:
He's like any player, when the rest of the team is playing well he plays well. In our play-off season he was shit-hot because at the time he scored the majority of his goals we were in championship form. Since then we've been scraping around the bottom so obviously he isn't going to be scoring 20 goals a season.
If he doesn't get the support he isn't going to get in positions to score.

He is a very very talented player I agree, but harsh to blame his team mates for his drop in form. Class players look class most of the time in any team, with the right attitude imo

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
sullyupthewing said:
Yes I do, nearly all Saturday home games and a few away, and from what I have seen Knight can't score, sorry but he has to go.

SO what would YOU do about it then ?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Icy Gull said:
He is a very very talented player I agree, but harsh to blame his team mates for his drop in form. Class players look class most of the time in any team, with the right attitude imo

Perhaps I worded it poorly. I don't blame anyone specifically. I think he suffers from a lack of a creative midfield which will maybe be partially solved with the skill of Frutos and Carole. Regardless, I think he is by far the most skillful striker we have and to wish him out of the club on the basis of an issue that we know nothing about (which I know wasn't you by the way) is very shortsighted.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
thanks for coming big mac :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here