Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion Player of the Month - August 2008

Player of AUGUST

• Total voters

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I honestly thought the way NSC usually goes on about the Albion, that VIRGO would walk this poll, but only one person has voted for him.

I didnt think many people would go along with my choice of Hawkins, but there you go, nice to see people debating about football anyway :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd say its between Hawkins and Forster, I'm going for the latter due to his goals and general moaning.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Hawkins has been consistently good, and I'd have him in my top 3. I can see why you'd vote for him, because he hasn't put a foot wrong in 5 whole matches. But, you could say the same for Michel really, and he's had a few STUNNING moments which just edge it for the great man in my opinion. Put it like this, without the King we'd have 2 points less - fact. Without Hawkins, would we have any less? As good as he's been, probably not I'd say.

Without Hawkins, we'd have had 2 points more. :clap:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hawkins has been consistently good, and I'd have him in my top 3. I can see why you'd vote for him, because he hasn't put a foot wrong in 5 whole matches. But, you could say the same for Michel really, and he's had a few STUNNING moments which just edge it for the great man in my opinion. Put it like this, without the King we'd have 2 points less - fact. Without Hawkins, would we have any less? As good as he's been, probably not I'd say.

Without Hawkins, Michel could well have been even busier... ???

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I suppose. But then it's not like the defence has been inpenetrable. There was Michel's world-class stop against Bristol, and numerous Orient chances that got past them. Michel's stood up to ALL of that when the defence were beaten. Ok, he could have been busier without Colin there, but as that's impossible to judge I'm sticking with Michel based on his unblemished record.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I voted for Michel.

But getting in a decent defensive central midfielder will almost certainly mean Kuipers won't be winning any more Player of the Month awards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here