Brighton & Hove Albion Player of the Month - August 2008

Player of AUGUST

• Total voters

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
people are just jumping on the band wagon. i haven't been massively impressed by him. he has been solid, but not outstanding.

did you not go to bristol rovers or southend? he is not as dominant in the air as everyone makes out

You're not Joel Lynch are you? Seems a bit disingenuous to suggest that this is some kind of mass hysteria and that we are all wrong about him!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I went to Southend and thought he was totally solid there.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
For what reason? Are you saying no-one here has their own mind?

yes, that is what i am saying. hence jumping on the bandwagon. a lot of people are very impressionable and if everyone on here is saying "the hawk" has been a monster then people start believing it. i think he is a good player, but not quite as good as a lot of people on here make out.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
yes, that is what i am saying. hence jumping on the bandwagon. a lot of people are very impressionable and if everyone on here is saying "the hawk" has been a monster then people start believing it. i think he is a good player, but not quite as good as a lot of people on here make out.

My thoughts exactly.

:thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought it before seeing other people's views on here.

No bandwagon for Mellotron.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

I think he has been a rock at the back and given no end of his experience to Elphick, hence the great defensive record we have so far. He is not perfect, but certainly played consistently better than anyone.

I would have voted for Forster, but I find myself annoyed by his continual diving and moaning, but he scores goals and is the model pro in many ways.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
We owe our position to Michel Kuipers with his amazing saves against Bristol Rovers and Orient.

That's why, tonight Matthew, I'm going to be Michel Kuipers!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We owe our position to Michel Kuipers with his amazing saves against Bristol Rovers and Orient.

He has been great so far this season. Nearly voted for him. I also think Whing has got on with his job very quietly and efficiently in the games I have seen.

It has to be Michel. Without his exceptional saves in the 2 home games people WOULD have something to complain about.

Hawks has been very good and Fozzy has been scoring but Kuips has been performing way above average :albion2::albion2:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
No surprise there tho WW - you're not likely to vote for The hawk when he and Tommy are keeping Lynch out are you! :)

Think you've got the wrong man here.

I think Elphick is bloody good
I think Hawkins is strong and solid
And I think Lynch has the potential to be the best of them, but at the moment is just 'strong and solid'.

However, I don't think you can play Hawkins AND Elphick without being a hooooof team. Last night, Lynch played, and in the second half in particular, we got the ball on the deck and played it around. Furthermore, the two of those have little pace, which is why i'd feel more comfortable with Lynch in the team. It's NOT that I think Lynch is the better player.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Forster, Kuipers, hawkins

The lack of votes for tommy E, is a testiment to just how consistently good people have quickly come to EXPECT him to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here