Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion (c) vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
A physiotherapist that had a plan B and C after things weren't going for us, even after outplaying you for 90 minutes. I don't see much difference actually, no.

You don't? Well I can tell you right now if you got Poyet you would be creaming yourself, you know he is the best manager in the league, and you know he is far superior to Adkins. You know this because we won the league in April, and you will be lucky to come second.

bushell64

Apr 23, 2011
Absolute bollocks.

You mean the field you gained an advantage on for 3-4 years whilst sticking two fingers up to everyone to the tune of £130m? Anyway, this is for next season... like I promised; goodbye, NorthStandChat.

well if you dont think football should be judged on the field....maybe you should stop supporting sport, portsmouth initially had the funding for its players before the chairman decieded he was bored of football.....and then the FA didnt properly check the new chairmen properly....when they didnt have a penny to spend....so you can continue to blame portsmouth...but why dont you find out some of the facts first.

football is all about "jumpers for goalposts" not "a business package...go back to your roots and stop being so nieve!!!

simpleton

Apr 23, 2011
Good game today. Congratulations on becoming champions, well deserved. Wyhat Poyet said about us having the best players but you lot having the best team is true, which makes Albion's achievement even greater. Sorry about the few fruit loops on our side, and on yours. Looking forward to the game at Falmer next season....if you could be so kind to dispatch Huddersfield.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Tell me redneb, if you were at work and with a month to go, you had achieved everything that you needed to do for the year, would you put your feet up a bit and relax ?

Congratulations on your hard earned 3 points and if you manage to hold onto 2nd place, i will be quite happy for you to have 3 more next year if we have the title wrapped up with a month to spare. ( I guess i am just a generous sort of person :thumbsup:)

Oct 25, 2003
Good game today. Congratulations on becoming champions, well deserved. Wyhat Poyet said about us having the best players but you lot having the best team is true, which makes Albion's achievement even greater. Sorry about the few fruit loops on our side, and on yours. Looking forward to the game at Falmer next season....if you could be so kind to dispatch Huddersfield.

that's more like it, good luck

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
To all your arrogant little fans with a small club mentality - up yours.
To Poyet who thinks he's better than everyone - up yours.
To your unbeaten home record - up yours.
To the sad little wanker who wrote the sign about Adkins - up yours.
To a small minority of your fanbase who have a strange obsession with a club you will never be anywhere near as big as - up yours.
To be fair Southampton did have a plan to keep us penned in and they did it well,but Poyet is the best manager in this league
Our home record...er how many games have you lost at home?
And to the team that MIGHT finish 2nd...Up Yours!

Alex

Nov 3, 2010
To be fair Southampton did have a plan to keep us penned in and they did it well,but Poyet is the best manager in this league
Our home record...er how many games have you lost at home?
And to the team that MIGHT finish 2nd...Up Yours!

I know, I know. Just instant reaction, I was bloody over the moon obviously.

You have deserved the league easily and have been much more consistent. It was evident today that you weren't at your best, and you nearly beat us without needing to be. Congratulations, hopefully see you lads next season.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Hinchelwood?? Is that coz someone poached your manager? Sure that wont happen again are you?

Why don't you calm down and take your Prozac son. Remember you live in this manor so have a little more respect, otherwise why don't you f*** off and go and live in Hampshire you lairy ****.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm amazed Redneb is pushing forty. He has the sense, logic and understanding of a twelve year old. Were you starved of oxygen at some point along the way?

Oi , thats a bit unfair , having a go at a bloke with special needs.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Thank god that is out of the way can we concentrate on our team now. they wanted/needed it more than us and we pretty much gave them the game once Murray went off. Shame about the home record but in the grand scheme of things this game (and the rest of the season really) counted for diddly shit. Only thing to come out of it is how much we miss Greer, defence looks a lot weaker without him.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just back from the game. We were shite 2nd half, we invited them to attack us by playing deep in our own half with no outlet up front. The goal had been coming for ages when they scored. I don't care that much because we've already done the hard work, but we won't be able to play like that next season.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Surely the game hinged on a terrible decision by the ref at the start of the second half ? Their keeper cleaned out Murray without touching the ball for a definite penalty. The ref had a clear sight of it - so did I in East Stand.

Cannot deny that Southampton deserved to win it on second half performance. It looked like Ankergren was keeping us in it down the far end and our back four decided not to contest for ball in air just try and pick up the knock downs - and we got caught twice.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Good of big time Southampton to finally beat little old Brighton after 4 attempts!

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
If the truth be told we took our foot off the gas and didn't want to risk getting injured for our summer hols.
If it had mattered we'd have battered ya!!
in others words we let you win!!
Now shuffle away and concentrate on trying to avoid the play offs!!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Congratulations on your hard earned 3 points and if you manage to hold onto 2nd place, i will be quite happy for you to have 3 more next year if we have the title wrapped up with a month to spare. ( I guess i am just a generous sort of person :thumbsup:)

I was thinking exactly that. If we won promotion next season too, I wouldn't even care if we were beaten twice by Southampton. The table tells its own story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here