Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion (c) vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Not really, you see I'm not angry right now fella, coz my team won against a bunch of gobshites who seem to be suddenly thinking theyre Man Utd just because for the first time in decades their club is heading in the right direction. Jog on.

Sorry if we are a little happy we won the league? You look like a piece for coming on here and going way over the top for a game that didn't even mean anything to us? Well done on winning one game, the league table is what matters to me, and where are we? 1st. Never seen anyone so bitter and angry about getting a victory, your life must be a joy to live at the moment.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Sorry if we are a little happy we won the league? You look like a piece for coming on here and going way over the top for a game that didn't even mean anything to us? Well done on winning one game, the league table is what matters to me, and where are we? 1st. Never seen anyone so bitter and angry about getting a victory, your life must be a joy to live at the moment.

really. So how come half your fans were on here all week banging on about how they so wanted to beat us today? Why also did the game sell out so quickly?

When the dust settles, its all well and good and it'll be cracking to have Saints and Brighton in the NPC, but right now it's a huge relief for Saints to get these points and its a brilliant 'up yours' to the minority tosser element in your fanbase who have decided not to like us and start numberous pathetic threads about the Saints.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
really. So how come half your fans were on here all week banging on about how they so wanted to beat us today? Why also did the game sell out so quickly?

I think you'll find, you plank, that we won the title last week. Therefore this game was always a guaranteed sell-out... certainly wasn't down to any particular desire to see Saints in action. We've played much bigger clubs in the past and will certainly be playing much, much bigger clubs in the future.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think you'll find, you plank, that we won the title last week. Therefore this game was always a guaranteed sell-out... certainly wasn't down to any particular desire to see Saints in action. We've played much bigger clubs in the past and will certainly be playing much, much bigger clubs in the future.

Doesnt escape the fact you made flags directed at us, your programme cover was a pathetic dig, and you changed your pre match music for us, yet we still beat you.

And then you say it was a meaningless game !!! Very very poor losers.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Doesnt escape the fact you made flags directed at us, your programme cover was a pathetic dig, and you changed your pre match music for us, yet we still beat you.

"Changed" the pre-match music, did they send you a play list ? You are a local after all.

I didn't notice anything particularly different about the music, can you remind me of the songs that were played ?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

The pre-match music was for a seriously Ill Brighton fan called Nigel Erskine, it had nothing to do with Adkins.

Get your facts right it makes you look even more of a dick than you have already. (if that's possible)

WICKBHA

Mar 29, 2011

Pot,kettle etc comes to mind about sore losers.......

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is your avatar related to the fact that you are a muppet, or the fact that your team played like a bunch of them today.

You just seem like an arrogant, mouthy, angry little man. I am sure you are a relatively decent chap in real life, but you are throwing yourself about calling people all and sundry. The sort of behaviour befitting a 12 year old with behavioural difficulties.

Another Southampton fan having trouble with adapting to playing not so fashionable teams. I seem to recall that you latched onto Southampton due to who mthey were playing.

I'm not going to lie, I wanted us to rip you a new one today, but it didn't happen. It doesn't really matter. I do know I would not act like a Tourette sufferer on LSD if I were in your position.

Never mind. I am sure your fabulous Saints might sneak in the second spot. I used to like them, very much, but it is the attitude of you and your fellow drongos that made me dislike them. I very much doubt you care, but there we are...

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
You just seem like an arrogant, mouthy, angry little man. I am sure you are a relatively decent chap in real life, but you are throwing yourself about calling people all and sundry. The sort of behaviour befitting a 12 year old with behavioural difficulties.

Another Southampton fan having trouble with adapting to playing not so fashionable teams. I seem to recall that you latched onto Southampton due to who mthey were playing.

I'm not going to lie, I wanted us to rip you a new one today, but it didn't happen. It doesn't really matter. I do know I would not act like a Tourette sufferer on LSD if I were in your position.

Never mind. I am sure your fabulous Saints might sneak in the second spot. I used to like them, very much, but it is the attitude of you and your fellow drongos that made me dislike them. I very much doubt you care, but there we are...

Ah never mind. I'm off to bed anyway. I'll leave with you with this picture of the day.

fonte.jpg

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Ah never mind. I'm off to bed anyway. I'll leave with you with this picture of the day.

fonte.jpg

Goodness me, there are some stunners in there. The 'belly hanging over the waistband inbred' look is always such a winner. You lucky, lucky people. All that and such a big club to support too.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Goodness me, there are some stunners in there. The 'belly hanging over the waistband inbred' look is always such a winner. You lucky, lucky people. All that and such a big club to support too.

Scratching the barrel for insults now. Actually didnt know our fanbase was so old. At least its not a photo of a load of gob shite kids

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Not really, you see I'm not angry right now fella, coz my team won against a bunch of gobshites who seem to be suddenly thinking theyre Man Utd just because for the first time in decades their club is heading in the right direction. Jog on.

Wow. I thought you didn't care about us.

A telling post from the angry one.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Southampton must be so proud. They have a stadium four times the size of our park pitch, and a budget to match, yet, still, we are the champions and their victory over us has narrowed the gap to a mere thirteen points. Now they are reduced to praying that we beat Huddersfield next week.

Their refusal to give our players the guard of honour before the game was ungraciousness of the lowest order. Why do they think that they have the right to ignore the honourable traditions of our game. We might be working-class, but we still have class, don't we?

After the game, Nigel Adkins complained that Gus Poyet failed to shake his hand properly, saying that the Albion manager should learn to lose graciously. Perhaps he lacks the intellect to appreciate the hypocrisy of that comment.

Southampton have shown themselves to be unworthy of their nickname.

They are going to look rather foolish if they fail to go up. Only one team in the top two positions of L1 could end the season losing the play-off final to Leyton Orient...and it isn't Brighton & Hove Albion.

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
Hello Southampton fan here.

Firstly congratulations on winning the league, I have my own theories as to why you have won it but I don't want to start an argument here. Suffice to say that our owner dying and the poor pre season and games wasted before Adkins arrived did not help us to apply any pressure on you. Regardless of that, you have shown that you were able to beat some of the lesser teams more often than us, and consistency, certainly at the beginning of the season is something which we really should have been better at.

As to the two games I have seen of you this year, I have to say we looked the better team in both, though the home game was slightly more even. I think it just proves that on our day we have the potential to be the strongest (and we have really underperformed this year with the resources and players at our disposal.) but that our consistency was lacking in some of the games where teams came and parked the bus.

Finally, can't say I really understand the hatred coming from certain sections of the BHA support. Making banners, changing song music, refusing to shake hands, and Gus' comments afterwards just seemed sad. I honestly think if the situations were reversed that we would just be celebrating going up as champions. At the end of the day you won the thing so why get so hung up on a comment that our manager made months ago? I'm not trying to have a pop but I would really urge you just to enjoy the rest of the season and ignore what we do, you will feel better for it. It does come across to me that you care a lot more about us than we do about you (not to mention the whole DVD thing last season.)

You have earnt the right to be champions, go and celebrate and forget about other teams in this sh*te division, I know I would be!

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
Southampton must be so proud. They have a stadium four times the size of our park pitch, and a budget to match, yet, still, we are the champions and their victory over us has narrowed the gap to a mere thirteen points. Now they are reduced to praying that we beat Huddersfield next week.

No one is praying. We are concentrating on our own performances. If we win three games then it won't matter what Huddersfield do. Control the controllables as Adkins would say :). Fair play though, you have overperformed this year whilst we have been below par certainly at the start of the season. There are so extenuating circumstances though as I am sure you are aware. If we go up, next season will certainly be interesting to compare the two clubs. I will be interested in how Poyet does in the NPC.

Their refusal to give our players the guard of honour before the game was ungraciousness of the lowest order. Why do they think that they have the right to ignore the honourable traditions of our game. We might be working-class, but we still have class, don't we?

Hmm it's not really an honourable tradition though is it? Its been done maybe a handful of times. Apparently we wanted to concentrate on our own game and maybe not give you a psychological advantage, a tactic which clearly worked.

After the game, Nigel Adkins complained that Gus Poyet failed to shake his hand properly, saying that the Albion manager should learn to lose graciously. Perhaps he lacks the intellect to appreciate the hypocrisy of that comment.

Seems extremely unlikely given the various qualifications that Adkins holds. Adkins didn't say that anyway, he never mentioned Poyet at all. I personally would consider what Gus said after the game as fairly ungracious and also untrue, but maybe he phrased it badly due to English being his second language?

Southampton have shown themselves to be unworthy of their nickname.

Still struggling to find out what we have actually done? Perhaps you could bullet point it for me so I can see? Wo knows I may even agree with you!

They are going to look rather foolish if they fail to go up. Only one team in the top two positions of L1 could end the season losing the play-off final to Leyton Orient...and it isn't Brighton & Hove Albion.

Why would we look foolish? No one has said we are guaranteed promotion. We are taking one game at a time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here