Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton hoolies in FHM

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Should be at the ground as there will be bars and hopefully TV screens as well.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
pishhead said:
Well every clubs got them and if anyone thought they had gone away well im sorry but youve got your head in the sand. You may not agree with it but different people have different ways of supporting there team, and for some a tear up with the opposing firm is how they CHOOSE to do it. People are very quick to voice there opinon on the subject when they dont have the slightest clue on what there talking about.

So what are you saying here?

"Well every clubs got them and if anyone thought they had gone away well im sorry but youve got your head in the sand. "

Yes unfortunatley true.

"You may not agree with it but different people have different ways of supporting there team, and for some a tear up with the opposing firm is how they CHOOSE to do it."

And just where do you stand on how they CHOOSE to do it? How do you CHOOSE to do it?

"People are very quick to voice there opinon on the subject when they dont have the slightest clue on what there talking about."

Which particular opinion and perhaps, as someone who has a clue I presume, you could enlighten us on the subject?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
twickers said:
So what are you saying here?

"Well every clubs got them and if anyone thought they had gone away well im sorry but youve got your head in the sand. "

Yes unfortunatley true.

"You may not agree with it but different people have different ways of supporting there team, and for some a tear up with the opposing firm is how they CHOOSE to do it."

And just where do you stand on how they CHOOSE to do it? How do you CHOOSE to do it?

"People are very quick to voice there opinon on the subject when they dont have the slightest clue on what there talking about."

Which particular opinion and perhaps, as someone who has a clue I presume, you could enlighten us on the subject?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
what do you want me to say at any time did I say I was a hooligan? no i didnt its something that interests me, just like some people are interested in murderers etc.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
West Hoathly Seagull said:
What a brave bunch of to55ers, all covering their faces up at Clapham Junction so the Bill don't see them. Great isn't it, all hard until there's any chance of real hassle. And with a chance of affecting Falmer if the nimbys get to hear of it. Tw4ts

Ya think?

I'm one of those in the 'Clapham Junction photo'. Never been in a fight in my near 32-years either related to football or otherwise.

Re: you what

Fridge Man said:
im sorry but i dont know what you mean i thought thats what labour stood for???

IT MIGHT HAVE PASSED YOU BY BUT ALL THE MAINSTREAM POLITICAL PARTIES ARE AGAINST RACISM AND INTOLERANCE.

IN GENERAL FOOTBALL HOLLIES HAVE STRONG LINKS TO RIGHT WING/RACIST ORGANISATIONS, AND YES OTHER FIRMS WOULD TARGET FOREIGN STUDENTS IN BRIGHTON, PLEASE REFER TO STOKE's FIRM BEING INVOLVED IN THE OLDHAM ATTACK ON A MOSLEM AREA, which helped to contribute to the riots in that area.

THE UNIVERSITIES HAVE A LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY TO PROTECT ALL OF ITS STUDENTS.

SO THEY ARE RIGHT TO CONSIDER ISSUES OF FOOTBALL VIOLENCE.

LC1

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
pishhead said:
what do you want me to say at any time did I say I was a hooligan? no i didnt its something that interests me, just like some people are interested in murderers etc.

Absolutely, nobody is accusing you of being a hooligan, but would be intersted to understand where your interest stems from on the subject and also your opinions on hooliganism?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I can only speak from experience, but if our uni in hull was next to the ootball ground there would be stabbings and asaults every week. Now brighton is not like the shit areas of Hull..but I think it is responsible for them to be concerned, I just hope this concern can be eased by BHA and not alow it to ruin the falmer cause.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
well my interest basically comes from reading books on the subject, and actually seeing trouble at various brighton games cardiff, chesterfield, shrewsbury, Aldershot, peterboro all in 3rd division champ season.
So people saying we dont have a hooligan element are misguided, I know a few of them and most of them are as big of a fan of the club as you me or any albion fan. To simply label them as mindless thugs is the easy thing to do and seems to happen all the time, whereas most of them are respectable people who have good jobs etc. (god i sound like someone from a documentary)
I hope this answers your query.:wave:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Ritchie mate, you are going too far with your statement about if the Uni was next to the KC Stadium, there would be "stabbings and assaults" every week (in Hull)

Been to Hull many, many times (both to Boothferry & KC) as best friend is Hull fan and you just can't come out with a statement like that

Admittedly Hull has its rough parts and some of their fans are "exotic", but dont try and make out Hull is like down town Basra!!!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
West St is the last place the ones i've ever come into contact with have come from.It's bullsh!t.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
pishhead said:
, I know a few of them and most of them are as big of a fan of the club as you me or any albion fan. To simply label them as mindless thugs is the easy thing to do and seems to happen all the time, whereas most of them are respectable people who have good jobs etc.

I dont agree with a single word. If they are such great 'fans' then why are they indulging in violence & associating themselves with the club? I'm sure if you took a poll of people and asked them if they thought people who fancy a fight with Cardiff, Peterborough fans etc were fans 'like you and me' then the answer would be a resounding no. I've watched football for years but hate the way I'm treated like a 2nd class citizen the moment I have a football shirt on. Whilst policing is often heavy handed this is because they know that a minority of 'fans' are hell bent on trouble and means that we all get tarred with the same brush. I've spent hours arguing with my nan that she wouldn't get beaten up if the Albion played at Withdean & that most supporters were like me but because of the bad press caused by the minority such as your mates she was worried & we all get labelled thugs

Hannibal smith said:
I dont agree with a single word. If they are such great 'fans' then why are they indulging in violence & associating themselves with the club? I'm sure if you took a poll of people and asked them if they thought people who fancy a fight with Cardiff, Peterborough fans etc were fans 'like you and me' then the answer would be a resounding no. I've watched football for years but hate the way I'm treated like a 2nd class citizen the moment I have a football shirt on. Whilst policing is often heavy handed this is because they know that a minority of 'fans' are hell bent on trouble and means that we all get tarred with the same brush. I've spent hours arguing with my nan that she wouldn't get beaten up if the Albion played at Withdean & that most supporters were like me but because of the bad press caused by the minority such as your mates she was worried & we all get labelled thugs

PLUS WE DON'T GET IN NICE PUBS, RESTAURANTS, ARE FORCED TO WAIT AT CLAPHAM STATION FOR 1.30 HOURS ETC. AND EVERY SO OFTEN YOU START S*ITTING YOURSELF AS YOU DISCOVER SOME OF THEIR LADS ARE VERY NEAR YOU11:nono:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Ritchie mate, you are going too far with your statement about if the Uni was next to the KC Stadium, there would be "stabbings and assaults" every week (in Hull)

Been to Hull many, many times (both to Boothferry & KC) as best friend is Hull fan and you just can't come out with a statement like that

Admittedly Hull has its rough parts and some of their fans are "exotic", but dont try and make out Hull is like down town Basra!!!

I have also been out in Hull many times after home games and been started on for being a 'cockney wanker', had a syringe pulled on me for money, seen Hull City fans fighting each other because one set was from west hull and one set was fron east hull. Its not the normal fans who would be the problem, but Hull is especially hostile to students and foreigners, put all these in the same place and you would get trouble every week, just like if you upped the uni and moved it to Brandsholme or near the docks.

Fridge Man

Aug 31, 2003
Burgess Hill
Before you lot chuck a wobbly im not condoning hooligans but you lot have short memories, who were the people who stuck up for an innocent fan who was getting pushed around by stewards at watford? was it the so called respectable fans? no it wasnt it was the brain dead football thugs as you put it who stuck up for a fellow albion fan

pigin stripes

Jul 18, 2003
Hove
What is it at the moment and all the interest in hoolies....!
Yes we have them but as long as they stay away from the club and ground and only fight one another who cares.
this link will take you to the main idots boards with all the links. Check out the Brighton chat rooms/message boards and see the idoits.
http://www.terracelinks.cjb.net/

I find it hard to believe that so many want to still be involved in this side of footie.
PS I am no hoolie just the oposite the link is from work......?
The Pig In Stripes :glare:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Bozza, my sincerest apologies, grovel grovel. I was under the impression that these pictures were of Albion hoolies. I have myself sung anti-Palace songs on the bridges at Clapham Junction on the way back from games, and the ordinary passengers probably thought I was a hooly. Having said that, why would legit Albion fans need to have their faces covered? I do still think that most hoolies are cowards, and make normal fans put up with rough treatment from the police. The thugs in Euro 2000 are an example. They gave all England fans a bad name by their actions in Charleroi and Brussels but didn't like it when the Belgian police reacted against them with sticks and tear gas, with ordinary England fans suffering the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here